Sunday, August 15, 2010

THe hardest thing

was pulling away from my sister in GA. Everything inside me was screaming to stay!

To catch up....Jeremy, the kids and I followed my sister and her family to GA to help them get moved in. We stayed the week and headed back home Saturday night. We arrived back in MI this afternoon. We had a great time; I celebrated my 30th birthday in GA with my sister. But, all great things must come to an end. I knew it was going to be hard to say good-bye....but I literally felt like a piece of my heart was being ripped from my chest and being left behind. I cannot imagine my life without my sister nearby. I cannot imagine going more than a day or so without seeing Liberty. And now, I must go months and months at a time. My heart is broken. I feel empty.

I did fine on the drive home, hitting it hard once I crossed into MI. But, as I pulled off our exit, the tears came...tears because nothing will ever be the same. When I pulled in our driveway, i couldn't hold the sobs back. Carrie won't be stopping by later on, or tomorrow....or the next day,....in fact, not until Christmas.

I may come back and post some tales from our adventures in GA....but for now, i am mentally, emotionally, and physically drained....i drove straight thru (minus a couple quick naps).

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

(((HUGS)))

Let me know if you need a real one and I will see what I can do.