Monday, June 16, 2008

Attempt to Catch Up

Yeah, I know, I haven't been blogging like I used to. And I miss it. But, this damn computer gets the best of me. When I try to do things on here, I feel the urge to grab a hammer and smash it. I'm certain that most times it raises my blood pressure. Then, there's the time issue. I don't seem to have as much time. which seems weird given the fact that I am not in school for the summer. But, it is summer time, we have a campaign to run and functions to attend and well, i don't have time (or is it patience, yes, it's patience) to sit and wait for pages to decide to load so i can actually blog. So, most often, I just don't do it. Plus, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of interesting things for me to blog about. ANd when interesting things do happen and I think to myself, WOw, this would make for a great post....well, i forget about it before I make it to the computer and when i do eventually make it here, i stare at a blank page and try to think of something that won't bore my readers to tears.

I have finally learned to play Euchre. I know, not too exciting. But interesting perhaps that I live in this part of the world and am 27 yrs old and just now learning how to play. I actually like it. I never tried before because every time people were playing it, they seemed so damn competitive and well, I didn't want to try for fear of failing, i guess. Or fear of pissing people off because whoever my partner was was sure to lose. But, I have had chances to play in friendly family games with people who are patient and willing to actually teach me the little tricks of the game. I spend a few nights a week playing at my uncle's, after i get the kids to bed. a little escape of me time, if you will.

So, yesterday was Father's Day. We all went in on a new gas grill for dad. He had told us about the one he wanted and we got it for him. It's really a gift to me and mom as well, because we do a lot of the cooking. It will be so nice to have a gas grill to cook on. Saves cooking time when you don't have to wait for charcoal to be ready. Just go out, turn the dial and voila, have heat and can cook! We had planned a cook out for here but by the time everything was ready (yes, we procrastinated and didn't get dad's grill to yesterday and still had to assemble it) it was time for jeremy and I to go to his dad's. So, my family had the cook out without me and we went to my father-in-law's for pizza. Would have much rather had the burgers and salads of home, but what can ya do.


Ah another reason i don't take time to blog as often. THe computer is in the front bedroom/laundry/craft room. The bedrooms and living room are to the back of the house. Kids find things to get into when they feel mom is secluded at the front of the house. Right now, all is quiet in the house. I just know Seb has found mischief. Makenneh is in the toy room playing by herself as she often will. She can entertain herself without involving mischief. But Sebastian is another story all his own. He currently has a red marker mustache and red marker tattoos along his arms. OH glory. But, speaking of the kids, I have been able to find more divine joy in them. We may have reached a certain spot where good times are at least equal to the naughty times when i want to sell them to the Indians or something. There are lots of times i just want to eat them up.

Well, it is time for lunch and SEb insists he wants to draw on here, so it is my time to go. I shall be back, sooner or later...

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Euchere is fun! I learned a couple years ago and it is easy to be intimidated. So, it's good to have a patient partner and learn by playing hands on.

Glad you guys were able to get a gas grill. May you guys have many yummy dinners from it!

Great seeing and waving to you at the parade tonight! I have some photos to you. Please let me know if you did or did not receive the emailed photos. I wasn't sure if I had the right email address.

Have a great night!

Julie Q said...

I have never figured out Euchre! :)

Our next grill will be a gas grill too. It's such a pain to get charchol and lighter fluid sometimes. Not to mention we can get fined if we use it on an ozone action day.

I hope you are enjoying your summer. :) We got great news from H's school about the aid she will get. :) They also offered A a bit more as well. :)

Take care!!