Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hot & Humid/Cool & Comfy

One of the reasons air conditioning can be bad. I do not want to leave the house. PERIOD. It is so muggy outside and so cool inside. But, I've had laundry to wash and then hang on the line and a dog outside who needs water and ice. So, traipse back and forth to the back yard, I must. And I have. And it sure has felt sooo nice to come back into a cool house.

Hard to believe that my nephew will be 1 yr old on July 12. Seems like he was just born yesterday. They sure do grow so fast.

And speaking of growing, the Headstart coordinator for this area called today to see if she could come by and pick up Sebastian's birth certificate and immunization record. (Did i ever mention that I finally found the birth certificates and what a relief that was). So, she will be here sometime this afternoon. One more reminder that my own little guy is growing up so fast. He will be in school in the fall. That is, if he ever takes to the potty. He is just content as can be in his darn diapers. He has been climbing up on the toilet more often, but still has only gone in there, once. One time. I am trying to be patient because I realize it is something they have to want to do. But, darn it, I am so over buying and changing diapers.

I feel bad for Jeremy having to work outside in this heat and humidity. I hope he is doing ok. I hope even moreso that he finds something better soon. I have to mail out his resume for another job. I can only hope he gets the job. OF course, the job at Chrysler would be even better because it would be more money. The downside to that job is that the auto industry is just gone from Michigan. Motor city just a memory, a blip in history. =(

Well, my brother and his girlfriend are finally working on wedding plans. He hasn't bought the ring yet (she was wanting to get her her mom's diamond from her wedding set cut and used in a new setting (her parents are divorced)....very costly and hard to find a place that does it). But, he plans to get her a ring soon. In the meantime, they are checking out halls and caterers and all that groovy stuff. They are planning an August 09 wedding. Their plan is to get married outside. I think that would be beautiful and hopefully our weather cooperates.

*Wow, i am committing all sorts of grammar sins today. I think I should stop writing now before I hit post and have some crazy mistakes I will never be able to live with. LOL. I don't even want to admit to how many ridiculous mistakes I have found in this post already.

Anyway, nothing too exciting going on lately. Drama, but no real excitement.

I should round up the courage to get ready and set out for some shopping. Within the next few weeks I have a first bday for my nephew, an open house for a cousin, a bridal shower for Jeremy's cousin, a baby shower for one of my cousins and then a wedding reception for one of my mom's cousins. Whew. Summers are sooo busy. And costly.

We finally got our stimulus check, for what it's worth. My portion sure won't be stimulating the economy too much. I need to either fix my car or get a new one. So, I guess that's a bit of stimulation...not for me though. I could think of many other things I would rather spend the money on. Like say, a camping trip.

Well, I am getting off here to get something eat and hang yet another load of clothes out on the line.

Keep cool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah-I can now leave you a comment since the stuff is not in German! Anyway, just had to say you should let them know that Joy is thinking about doing wedding pictures. She is an awesome photographer and just did our family pictures-I love them! Not sure costs or anything but if Matt and Sarah are interested let me know and I can let Joy know and can get all the info worked out for them-you know get each of them the others phone numbers! Just a thought! Hope to see you soemtime next week!