Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

That's what we had. Well, really, it wasn't so little. I have no pictures to post right now because I am at my mother-in-law's house. But, the kids are happy with their gifts, we had a great time, great food, and even played a few rounds of CatchPhrase. I had wanted to start a new tradition of reading the Christmas Story from the Bible on Christmas Eve. Well, we got home a bit late from my father-in-law's house and when we arrived, I was told that dad was not feeling too well. they were at the table playing cards and he dropped his head into his hands and sat like that for a few mins before saying he didn't feel well. He then got up and went to the couch and laid down. I got home shortly after that. Well, the first thing I thought was a heart attack. I asked mom if they had given him an aspirin. They hadn't, so I got him one and took it out to him, with a glass of water. I asked him if he had taken one. He said no. Then he said, "What do you think I need this for?" I said, well, if you aren't feeling well, you need to take an aspirin." "So you think I'm gonna have a heart attack?" And he chuckled. "Don't laugh at me; you aren't going to kick the bucket on me on Christmas Eve. So take this." After a little while, he began to feel better.

So, on Christmas morning, after the gifts were opened, he got out his Bible and read us the story. We had a full house for dinner and a house full of pies, this year. LOL. Usually we just have a couple. This year we had Lemon Meringue, Banana Creme, Coconut Creme, Dutch Apple, Walnut, Pecan, Blueberry, and Strawberry/Rhubarb. Quite a selection. The day after Christmas, my dad, Jeremy, and Uncle Ken started tearing cupboards and counters out. Mom's gift was putting in new (to her) cabinets and a new countertop. After they got those tore out, they decided now would be the time to do the floor as well, so today that is being torn out. We discovered beautiful wood planking under the floor covering. Unfortunately, it is puzzled and pieced under there, so they are saving the planking in hopes of being able to have enough to do something with it.

It's been nice having my mother in law next door, because we now do not have a kitchen to cook in. So, we made a huge pot of potato soup the other day and well, we will eat that til we are sick of it (if there is such a thing).

Right now I feel almost lost. Chris(mother in law) went to visit with her friend who is here from out of state. SO, I am here, at her apartment, all by MYSELF! IT's deafeningly quiet. Almost eerie. I don't know what to do with myself. I have a good book I am in the midst of reading and then i figured i would get on the computer and catch up on every thing. I have to admit I am enjoying it quite a bit. I know it won't last for too long, though.

I got my grades...all 4.0, which makes my overall GPA a 3.776. No small feat bringing that thing up from a meager 1.35 or something like that.

Makenneh has been staying with Aunt Carrie for the past couple nights. It is probably easier with the house under construction. Sebastian tends to roll with the flow, but she bucks everything, every step of the way.

Yesterday, I was able to hang out with my oldest bestest friend. Of course, by oldest, I don't mean age. LOL. But we have been friends since 5th grade. And life has put distance between us, but I love how we can just pick up where we left off. IT's as if there is no physical distance between us. Like she lives right here in town. Throughout my life, i have had friends come and go, but Stacy has remained a constant. Of course, if you know Stacy, it's no surprise. She is the epitome of humanity. Such a beautiful and kind person. I cannot say enough good things about her and truth be told, not one single bad thing to say, ever. I've often wished the world was full of more people just like her. IT would be such a better place. She didn't have much time, as they have a lot of family and things going on in the short time they are here, but she picked me up and we went to Walmart (we both needed to go) and just hung out, as she got her pictures from the photo center and I picked up a few things we needed at home. Like I said, just as if she lives right here in town. Such a great feeling. We stopped by my sister's so she could meet Liberty, and then she dropped me back off at home. Such a nice visit. She and the kids are coming back in the summer and we are going to try to get the kids together then. And while I am talking about Stacy, please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers, as her husband leaves shortly for Iraq for 9-11 months. They have five children and she will certainly have her hands full.

Well, that's it for now...going to put my nose in my book and read awhile...

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I'm glad you and Stacy had some girl time Christina. :)

Wow to all the pies! I love coconut creme pie, but I'm alone in that love, so I don't make it.

Isn't that deafening quiet odd? I know when I am home alone it's still so strange to me.

Congratulations on the grades! You are doing so well! :)