Thursday, December 24, 2009

Some Good News

My dad looked the car over today when he got home from work and he thinks we can get it fixed for the amount I will get from Insurance. It won't be perfect, but it will run and get me from point A to B. That was some good news. I am still frustrated that someone can cause an accident and, as the "victim" you are left with little to no options.

Put together a few more Christmas gifts today. I did a gift basket for my father-in-law and brother-in-law, plus one for mother-in-law. Filled them with Soup in a Jar, crackers, fruit, and different things. I ran out of energy before I completely finished. OF course, I am also running out of time. I will have to get up and finish wrapping a few things before we head out to our festivities for the day. Thankfully, we will be able to borrow mom and dad's car. We are going to his dad's, as has been our tradition since the kids were born. WE will exchange gifts, have dinner, visit. On our way to his dad's, we will stop at his aunt and uncle's, drop off a gift basket for them and visit for a little bit. I want to be home early enough to have a relaxing Christmas eve....not rushing to get kids in bed, forgetting to leave cookies and milk and all that jazz.

Speaking of cookies...we went over to mother-in-law's this evening, had dinner and the kids made cookies. They had fun. Sebastian seemed to wear more of the frosting than the cookies did. So, when it was done, he had to hit the bath! Amazingly, there was a little boy under all that frosting.

Well, it is beyond time for bed...so Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night=)

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Good luck with the car! Can't you sue her in small claims court? I wish I had done that years ago when someone wrecked my car. I didn't think of it, then when I did, it was too late.

Anyway, how are you doing?

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.