Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All by myself

I had the house to myself for a few hours today. Of course, i spent it reading the next chapter in my Race & Ethnic relations book and then taking the quiz. But, i had peace and quiet to do it in. Woohoo. The reason for the empty house is not so good though. My mom and uncle Ken went to the hospital because my uncle Brian is having quadruple bypass surgery today. They wanted to be there for their sister to support her. It is a 5 hour surgery and so that will make for a long day. I was unable to go because Jeremy is helping Ralph load up some scrap and take it in. That meant I had to be here to get Seb off the bus and then I have to pick Makenneh up from girl scouts at 430 and be to class by 6. Wednesdays are always so busy for me. Glad I only have two more of them. WEll, not two more wednesdays, hah, but two more of wed night class.

Today is Makenneh's 7th birthday. I cannot believe that little girl is already 7. Where have the years gone? I made a cake today for her, even though I hesitated. We have had so many bday parties around here that I am partied out, cake and ice creamed out. But, i didn't want her to feel left out because we had cake on seb's bday. So, i made one for her.

I got the letter in the mail detailing graduation. I've known it was set for May 1st, but now I have times, and all the details. I am graduating with High Honors. And that journey isn't over yet...i start at SVSU for my bachelors degree in Aug. I hope to get through it as quick as possible. I am ready to be done with school.

Well, Seb is outside and I need to go check on him. Take care and hopefully i can get here to post more often

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Oh wow! 7! Happy Birthday to Makenneh. :)

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. My Dad had the same surgery about 5 or 6 years ago and he's doing great. For Dad that is. Anyway, I hope your Uncle is ok.

Amanda graduates the same day. 9 in the morning!