Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wow

I lost my addiction to the internet. I never thought I would. But, days come and go and things happen and add to it the fact that this computer is a piece of shoot and well, it's easier to just not get online. Most days it's too much hassle to even try. Today was a different day. The internet worked decently and I was able to get some things done. We are working hard on Ralph's campaign. In case I haven't noted here, my brother in law is running for State Rep for our district. Of course, none of us have any campaign experience and heck, most of us aren't even that political to start with. So, we are learning as we go. In the age of internet, it's easy to get hold of the info you need. We participated in our first parade on Memorial day. It was neat.

In other ventures, I have volunteered to help bring a community baby shower to our county. It is a program for pregnant women/new moms who fall into the working poor category. The program provides new and gently used baby items for the families. I haven't been able to work on that endeavor as much as I would like to be, but time is one issue, gas prices are another.

Jeremy and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on May 22nd. We went out Lucky's Steakhouse (his choice). I didn't care and I know he loves it there. It was nice to get out, just the two of us. Of course, between their good bread, my salad and one or two of the buffalo tenders Jeremy ordered for appetizer, I was not at all hungry when my meal arrived. I pushed to eat one piece of fish. Yes, fish. At a steakhouse. because I don't much care for steak. I had thought about trying the fillet but when it came down to it, i couldn't see paying $17 for a piece of meat I may not be too thrilled about.

Makenneh has 4 days of school left. Then, on June 5th they are having a "birthday/farewell party" in the park for all the summer bdays and to say goodbye. Then on the 6th is their trip to Crossroads. So, the year is about over with. I still have to get her registered for Kindergarten. I may just do that tomorrow. OF course, I just got their birth certificates a few months ago when i went down to the courthouse with my sister to pick up the paperwork for Ralph to run for State REp. DO you think I can find said BCs anywhere? NOPE. So, looks like I will have to pay another $20 to get two more copies. Grrrr. The most frustrating part is i recall leaving them in the car for a few days and saying to myself, oh better go get them and bring them and put them right here, where they will be safe. I can't for the life of me remember where the "right here" is. I have looked. I have driven myself silly looking. I give up. Will shell out more money to get more.

I will try to come here and post more often. I just usually have better things to do, if even nothing at all, than to sit here and fight with the pages to get them to load.

Well, the dog is whining at the door to go out...he is worse than the kids, i tell ya! I will get off here for now and hopefully have something fun and even exciting to talk about next time!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

:) I had to email my reply! It was too long winded to put here. he he