Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another day at the zoo

Yes, we went to the zoo again today. A different one today. And I have already uploaded the pictures, aren't you so proud? LOL. It worked out that Jeremy was able to go as well, because unfortunately, his boss's father passed away and the funeral was today, so he gave all the guys the day off with pay. Highly unheard of in this company, but I guess every scrooge has a soft spot. Anyway, so Jeremy was able to go with us, so it was me, him, my mom, my sister and Makenneh and Sebastian. Of course, it was hot as hell today with more humidity than I care to experience. But, we survived it. The kids were excellent. And as we were surrounded by whiny, fit-throwing children, I had to feel a bit of a sense of pride and luck that it wasn't my children. They were troopers. I have no idea why the pictures post so small..anyone know how to change that?


Here's a pic of the four of us at the Fossil Find....

Sebastian playing peek-a-boo around the tree. He is one handsome devil, even if I do say so myself.

Makenneh always wants to ride a carousal, but she is always deathly afraid once the thing starts moving...she will hang on for dear live with a look of shear horror on her face.



Sebastian opted for the seat....
Here's one of the Kangaroos in the outback habitat. It's neat because you get to walk right through there, with nothing but a rope separating you from the kangaroos. Too bad they were laying down off near the corner. I think it would be cool to have a kangaroo hopping around near the pathway.
Aunt Carrie and Makenneh petting the cow at the petting zoo part...Sebastian had actually reached up and petted the cow first, but the camera wasn't ready. Grandma!!!

The kids sitting on the steps at the Fossil Find. I tried to resize this one within the post but it made it rather distorted looking.


We all had a great time and while there aren't a lot of animals at this zoo, there are plenty of things to do and it makes for a very affordable (can you say $3.50 each) day out.

On this same photo card were the pics from my mom's cousin's wedding, which took place this past weekend. My mom did the flowers and they were absolutely gorgeous, so I decided I had to share them. She has such amazing talents and we have tried to convince her to start her own business...she fears failure, I guess. But, with this kind of talent, I don't think failure is even a possibility.
Well, I suppose that's a wrap for tonight. I need to get some sleep eventually.

2 comments:

The other me said...

What great pictures ( if you click on them you get to see them full size which is great!)
Makenna is looking great, she shot up didn't she? I cannot believe how your kids are total mini me's of you and Jeremy ( I think that is the first pic I have ever seen of J, and he is very handsome!)Great pics.

Julie Q said...

Holy cow to how tall Makenna is getting! Pretty too, just like her Mommy! And your kids have the most beautiful blue eyes!

That's a great family pic! :) And like Helen said, when clicked on the pics get nice and big! :)