Sunday, January 22, 2006

Shall we stay or shall we gooo......


Actually, all that is up for debate is if we should proceed with the purchase agreement on the house we looked at yesterday. Right now, we have it on hold. Oh the perks of being friends with a realtor. LOL. Anyway, today, we took a caravan to the house to look at it. My dad, mom, Tiffney and her mom (who is best friends with my mom) and Jeremy and I, all went to look at the house again. Good thing! I ought to know by now not to decide on anything until dear daddy has inspected it. He has a keen eye for things and is a jack of all trades. Well, we discovered(which how we all missed it the first time is beyond me) that there was a water leak of some sort under the sink...we think that they waited too long to winterize it and pipes burst. It's a repo, so all electricity and water is off. Dad says it may still be worth it to process and try to put in a smaller offer. It is on 3 lots, with a fenced in yard, in otherwise great condition. So, we have to research the cost of lots going in that neighborhood and see where that puts us...as kinda a guesstimate of the value. The bad thing is, we won't know for sure, the extent of the damage until the water is turned on and thats not until we buy the place....so its a gamble. Am I feeling lucky??? LOL I never feel all too lucky, so i don't know that its a gamble i want to take. Depending on how long that was leaking or whatever, the floors could be rotted, tehre is already a small amount of mold on one of the cabinets meaning that would need replaced. Nothing is ever so easy. I think we will continue looking at this point and go from there. I just don't know. What i do know, is now that we are so close, I really am ready to have a house. EVen if it means i have to get a job. I am ready for the break anyway.

Well that's our update!

No comments: