Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Morning

Thought I should post seems how it has been awhile since the last time.

Friday Makenneh had a field trip to Grandpa Tiny's Farm. She had a great time for the most part. it was a bit chilly that day, but the sun was warm. She got to see and pet various farm animals, milk a cow, make a candle from beeswax, learn how wool was spun, and we went on a wagon ride and made a butterfly craft.

My Saturday mornings have been full of campaign work. Every Saturday, we go to a different city in our district and pair off to go distribute flyers. I have been doing a lot of walking. We have already passed out nearly 12000 flyers and still have some to do. This past Saturday was extra special though. I arrived at the meeting location with my parents. I got out of the car and Greg, the photographer who did our wedding, approached me holding a golden box. He asked if I remembered him. Of course I did. He presented me with the box, which I knew before opening, contained my wedding pictures that I was never able to afford to buy. I instantly started crying, as I grabbed him, hugged him and thanked him. He said that it was his gift to me for my hard work and community service. I have to say that is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. I stood in that parking lot going over the wedding pictures I had never seen. It was amazing and kinda sad, as several people have since passed, including my Aunt Dawn, Jeremy's grandma and his papa. Then, some couples have since divorced. So, very beautiful gift. I have gone over those pictures many times since that morning.

After doing the campaign stuff, we had to rush to my cousin's wedding. It went well. My cousin was absolutely beautiful. The kids had a great time at the reception. Sebastian danced and showed off the entire night. He was far from the shy boy who usually sticks at my side and avoids conversation. Music must be his thing. He has seen some of the Step Up movies and tries to dance like the street dancers. We didn't stay for the whole thing because Jeremy has been sick with a cold and the kids of course needed to go to bed. But, we had a good time.

Sunday we went to my sister's for a hay ride and to pick out pumpkins. The kids picked out huge pumpkins. It's the first time I've had such big pumpkins. A guy Ralph works with was over there with his family and Makenneh hit it off with their kids.

Our weekend was crazy busy but we are hoping to just stay home this weekend. Of course, right now, the forecast says rain Friday through Monday, so staying home is probably a good idea.

Well, that's a bit of a catch up, but I have to finish getting Makenneh ready for the bus, so I will go for now...

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-Christina! That is so awesome that he gave you your wedding pictures for free! What an awesome thing to do! Hope that the rest of the time you guys are doing the fliers that you get more people to help and that your able to relax soon! Get some rest and enjoy being at home!

Julie Q said...

So sweet on the pictures Christina! :)

You have been so busy! Good luck to Ralph!!