Thursday, October 09, 2008

Wiggle, Wiggle

Goes Makenneh's tooth! She is losing her first baby tooth! The adult tooth is already coming in in its place. I am sooo excited. Silly, I know. After she loses it, I will have to take a picture of her toothless grin. I am not sure if I will be able to get it on here though because my printer is all screwed up. Not the printer, but the tower I am using doesn't have enough ports to plug in my printer.

It's getting sooo tricky trying to get back and forth to school. It is a great source of stress for me. I just wish we could figure out what is wrong with my car. Jeremy plans to spend some more time on it tomorrow trying to get it going. Please say a prayer, cross your fingers, send some good thoughts, whatever.

Makenneh has a bday party to go to tomorrow, which is another hassle in that I have to find a ride. Grrrrr. I am hoping my mother in law will allow me to use her jeep tonight for class and keep it overnight so I can pick makenneh up from school to go to the party. It's being held at the McDonald's near the school. If she lets me do that, it will mean I have a way to class tonight and then tomorrow for the party. My chest tightens with the thoughts of all the hassle.

And then.....people suck. Yes, they do. As you all know, my brother in law is running for state rep for our district. It's a big deal. We have had a lot of campaign things to do. We are now at the time that we need to go door to door leaving flyers. This is a huge task as our district is rather large and there are lots of homes to hit. Getting family to help is like pulling teeth. We go out each Saturday for a few hours. That's it. Well, my mom has always been the go-to person of the family. Moreso after my grandparents passed away. Every time anyone needs anything from money to help with planning and hosting open houses, weddings, showers, etc. My mom is always the one they come to for help. WEll, now that she is the one needing help, everyone is too damn busy. It's pathetic. One cousin in particular said she couldn't do it last Saturday because she was going duck hunting. Well, she ended up not even going hunting. Then, this weekend, she is going to a damned Obama rally. So, she can't help with a local campaign that happens to be for her cousin...but she can attend a rally for a presidential candidate who isn't going to give two shits about flint, mi when he is elected. And I am not just saying that about Obama, because it is true of any presidential candidate ever. Not to mention, OBama's campaign won't suffer if a few people don't attend a rally. Ralph's is suffering because it is small town, grassroots campaigning. We need the bodies to help us. So, I have encouraged my mom to stop the gravy train. When the others need something, be too damned busy to help. Period. The sad thing is, if Ralph gets elected, those who were too busy to help get him there will be the first ones wanting favors. THey can forget it. Oh well....some people suck, that's just life. It frustrates me enough to have mom tell my aunt she is on her own to finish her daughter's flowers for her wedding that my mom is doing...because she is too busy with campaign stuff. The only reason for not doing that is bc the daughter getting married is not the one being a snot about helping...so she shouldn't have to suffer. They are going to be in for a shock when the 18th comes and all of us have to be out doing campaign stuff to get it done before the election and won't be able to help with anything before the wedding. We will have time enough to show up and take a seat for the wedding. Unfortunately, the mother of the bride can't do anything without my mom at her side when it comes to this wedding planning and execution. My mom had to go with them to order the cake, even. So, they are going to be flustered. But, if they were able to help out more, then we wouldn't be so under the wire at this point. Bah, im done ranting. really i am.

My sister has her OB appointment today. It's her first one with the OB. Everyone looked good when she went for the ultrasound and they set her due date for May 1st. Our gma's bday was May 3. It would be sooo sweet if she had her baby that day! I am hoping. She already has a cute little belly showing. It's so exciting. Well, I am off here to read my two chapters for my quiz tonight. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Wow to already losing a baby tooth! :) They seem so grown up after they lose those front baby teeth. Well, they look older anyway! :)

I hope you are able to get Makenneh to the birthday party. And you to school of course. I also will keep positive thoughts Jeremy can fix the car!! Ken is good with cars too, but the newer they get, the less he knows. :)

Sorry to hear the family isn't pitching in! Good luck to him though Christina!!

So happy to hear things are going well for your sister's pregnancy. :) I hope she lets you share pictures! When the time comes that is. Of course you could always email them. :)