Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Me stay here

That's Sebastian's motto for the morning. He does not want to go to school. I get his clothes out and say, "let's get dressed" to which he says, "Me stay here". Every step in the morning is met with those 3 words. And I just bumble along with him....enticing him one step at a time. "Well, you still need to get dressed/brush your teeth/put on your shoes." Then the time arrives to go wait for the bus. I asked him to join sis and I at the bus stop. He was fine the whole time. When he saw the bus coming, he shouts, "THe bus is coming!". All seemed to be fine. Then she stopped, opened that door and he bolted up the driveway for the house. I caught him (with assistance from gma) and carried him to the bus, crying the whole way. HIm not me. He grabs the side of the bus. The bus driver says I can take him to his seat if I want. So, I do that. Meanwhile, there is a car stuck behind the bus, waiting. I try to explain to SEb that cars are lined up and waiting and I must go now. She offers to let me stay on the bus while she does that part of the run. So, I take a seat. I sit right in front of Makenneh and Sebastian. I must add that I am still in my pjs, no bra. Horrible. But, anyway, I bump along on the big yellow bus, talking calmly to Seb about see, this isn't that bad is it? Dontcha think mommy's too big for this bus? He cracks half smiles, but nothing more. Then, he wants to sit with me, so at the next stop, I put him in my seat, but by the window. He looks out the window, draws in the moisture on the window, paying no mind to me sitting there. Fantastic, I think! I will be able to slide out of here adn be on my way. And she slows down, bus comes to a stop and the swoosh of the door opening and FREAK OUT! He started crying and reaching for me. IT was soooooo damn difficult to step off that bus. My very heart broke, as the bus driver was assuring me he would be ok. I thought aobut him all day long. I was so glad to get home from my internship and see a happy, well-adjusted boy. HE said he had a good day, had fun with his friends, etc. So, I don't know what the morning will bring. However, JEremy talked to him a bit and gathered that a boy is calling him names on the bus. GASP! Seriously?! GRRRR! Makenneh doesn't know the boy's name, but knows his sister's name. That should be enough info for the bus driver. I am going to talk to her in the AM because if that is the problem, something has to be done. I will not survive too many mornings like this one. It is heartwrenching walking away from your child when they are crying when every instinct is to run to him, cradle him, whisper in his ear that mommy's here and all will be well. But, the reality is, well, reality. He has to go to school, he has to separate from the nest little by little, it's part of growing up. The wings have to be spread slowly, and over time so that they don't fall flat on their face when they finally leave the nest for good. HE has to do things sometimes that he may not like, enjoy or want to do. I can't molly coddle him. Much as I would love to. =) I really hope that it improves.

I got 59/60 on my Bio Test 2. Woohoo! Our practical (Lab test) is Wednesday, a week from today. Hoping I can hang on to that 4.0!

Not much else to say, I am tired, have two upcoming tests I need to be reading/studying for. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Doesn't that just break your heart. Bullies. I'd like to lock them all up in a box and throw away the key! :(

Anonymous said...

Christina, This brings to mind the time we had with your dad. He went through a spell in kindergarten and 1st grade when he did NOT want to go to school. I ended up riding to school on the bus with him once (from Byrnes Drive to LaCure)He was always ok once he got to the classroom and came home happy. We never did find out why he didn't want to go, but he sure did wrench our hearts til he got over it! It may be genetic! =0
Love ya,
hope it doesn't take too long.
Aunt Bev

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Oh Christina! I am so sorry you had to go through that! I have so been there with Adrianna last year! I pray that the bullying goes away and that he will start liking going to school!