Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thank You, Julie

What a surprise. I got there to meet Julie tonight and she had a whole garbage bag full of stuff. 2 winter coats, 2 pair of snow pants, 2 jackets, a pair of winter boots, a pair of winter/work boots, a pair of shoes, a pair of mittens, complete with the snap things that keep them attached to the coat so they don't get lost as easily. Goodness, what a blessing! Sebastian loved it. Beautiful! He exclaimed as I showed him. He had to try the boots on and they fit him and he was so happy he didn't want to take them off. It is so appreciated! And Julie is every bit as nice as I thought she would be. Maybe we can meet up some time and do something. (See, Julie, I had begun to post about it....I went back in to finish it).

I had begun this post after getting home from meeting Julie, but with the competition for the computer, I gave up. Then, I forgot that I had never came back to finish it, until I got on this morning.

My cousin Shannon is in the hospital, in labor. Her water broke yesterday evening. As of shortly after midnight last night, she was dilated to 2 and only 50% effaced. So, she still had a ways to do. They were planning to induce her. Well, mom is on the phone to her sister right now and I guess nothing happened over night. Wowzers! Some time today, though, we should have a new addition to the extended family.

Well, I have to get Makenneh ready for school. The Halloween party is today at school.

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Now we just needs snow! Oh and Zachary needs snow pants. ;) he he Walmart has some, I have to go get them while they have them.

Yes, we should meet up and spend more time together. We'd probably talk each others ears off. ;) I didn't want to leave so fast, but was worried it would get dark and I would get lost. :)

Sometimes waiting for a turn on here is frustrating too. Good thing Eddie has school and Ken has work. On the weekends, well, it's another story. ;)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina-that is awesome that she gave you all those things! I always love when things happen like that! Also-I love the fact that you got baptised. I wish I could of been there for that! I am so glad that you have been going to church with your family! Hope you guys have been staying healthy. Things have been up and down here! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

God's Blessings to Julie for being so generous. How wonderful that you got to meet face to face. Hope you will continue to make time to get together!

Love you,
Aunt Bev