Monday, October 26, 2009

Raining Leaves

I just stepped outside and leaves were raining down. It was beautiful. And made a beautiful noise. Just thought I would share=)

This past month, our church has been having a contest. The theme was Lions, Tigers and Bears! They broke the members into three groups and each group had a leader. Lenny's Lions (my dad), Terry's Tigers and Brian's Bears. Then, because people tend to always sit in the same pew, the preacher mixed it up so that the leaders were in different sections than they normally sit. Anyway, last Sunday, we had quite the crowd of family, in addition to the members who sit in our section. My grandma and Aunt Bev were able to come because they were in town for a bridal shower. My Auny Sylvia, cousin Karen and Alyssa were there as well. (Karen is Sylvia's daughter and Alyssa is Karen's daughter). Anyway, the message hit home for me. I was saved many moons ago...when I was 10 or 11 or so. However, I was never baptised. I am not real sure how that worked out. But that's how it happened. So, come Invitation time when the congegation bows heads while the preacher extends and open invitation to the alter, I decided it was time to make the trek. So, I went up and asked to be baptised. I was really hoping to have done it right after services (as is usual practice) but it wasn't filled. So, I went yesterday and was baptised. While I was in getting ready, one of our guests accepted Jesus and was saved and she was also baptised. I must say that I have a fear of water. I want to be in control when it comes to my head and the water. I must plug my nose and close my eyes when I go under water. Have to! So, I was hoping I wouldn't do like Makenneh and freak out and grab the side as he was dunking me under. But, I did just fine.

Tomorrow I am meeting Julie. It's crazy that we live in the same state and really not terribly far apart, but have never met. Well, she has some winter gear for Sebastian that her little (but bigger than mine) boy has outgrown. She suggested we meet half way between her daughter's college and my place. And it worked out that I can escape my hectic schedule. I'm looking forward to meeting Julie. And I am so grateful for her kindness and generosity. She is always sending things for the kids. Helpful, useful things....things we have needed like winter coats, snow pants, winter boots, clothes. I have told her that she is a Godsend. So, we will be meeting finally.

Well, I need to get some sleep. I have a Social Psych test tomorrow and a practical in Human Biology on Wednesday. I have no idea why these tests have to all come up at the same time. Grrr.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

My you've been busy!

The leaves are so pretty, I hate to see them fall, but that is what fall is for right?

:)

See you later!