Thursday, November 05, 2009

Passing this along

I read a blog of a mother who lost her baby 16 mins after he was born. I believe it was Helen who got me interested in this other blog. The mother's name is Stacy and reading about her journey and her faith during such a difficult time has been inspirational. I have cried, laughed, rejoiced. If you would like to read her journey, go here If you have days where you feel life is too much or that you cannot take anymore, reading Stacy's blog will renew your faith, your hope, your strength.

Anyway, since the death of her son, she and her husband have focused on ways to turn their tragic loss into something positive. One of those ways was to raise funds for a playground in honor of their son, Isaac. They are presently doing a fundraiser through the website, Humble Like This Child. I thought I would pass the info along and share it with others, who may be interested. The link is below. If you wish to place an order, enter "Isaac" at checkout and you will receive 10% off your order. In addition, $10 from every doll sold will go toward the playground. Then, if you blog, tweet, post, etc about the fundraiser, you can email Tricia, at humblelikethischild@gmail.com and let her know and you will be entered to win a $25 gift card. Tricia is the owner of Humble Like This Child.

http://www.humblelikethischild.com/


I had a pleasant surprise when I returned from school today. There has been talk about Matt taking the weight machine set to his house for some time. The weight machine has been in the toy room....so therefore, no room for kids' beds or anything which meant they have been in the same room as us. Well, today, they took it down and over to Matt's. Woohooo. Then, like an added blessing, my sister stopped by and she helped the kids go through their toys and organize them, so the room is closer than ever to being a bedroom! As an added bonus, she took a garbage bag full of toys home for Libby. Now, we have to go through mom's stuff that is stored in there as well as some other boxes that are stacked to the ceiling. The room was never finished with drywall, so we have to come up with a creative/inexpensive way to get the walls finished. It's framed, no drywall. Then, the bunkbed will be moved in there and how nice it will be to have the extra space. The sad thing is, we just threw our bookshelf on the burn pile at Carrie's because we had no room for it. Now, they should be room and the kids could certainly use a bookshelf...they have boxes of books. I have an obsession with books and a belief that one can never own too many....for kids, that is. I do not hoard adult books. I read them and pass them on. But, kids' books are another story. I am thinking that tomorrow I will check the condition of the bookshelf (it hasn't been burned yet) and see if it was damaged too bad in the weather over the past couple days. I may try to salvage it.

It's winter sign up time for college. I need to get it done, but i don't have the extra 3 hours to sit and wait to get it done. ANd because it will be final semester, I want to make sure I have everything covered and so I want to meet with my advisor to do my schedule. I would hate to find out that if I had just taken this one other class, I could have had another degree. I also don't want the financial aid hassle. IF I register online and don't do take the proper steps, my classes will be dropped after 2 days and I will be charged $57. I don't want to throw out that kind of money, thank you.

Well, I am going to get off here and get ready for bed.....Night all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have a Habit for Humanity Restore in your area? Could give them a try.

Love ya,
Aunt Bev

Nelson Family of 7 said...

That is awesome that you guys will have your own room and the kids will be in theirs! I bet they will like it better that way too! Hope you can save the book shelf!