Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Introducing....

Clayton John....My cousin Shannon delivered via C-section, after laboring for 23 hours. CJ was born Oct 30 and weighed in at 7 lbs 13 oz and 21 1/4 in long. He had a fever of 102* at birth, but they gave him antibiotics and he is doing well now. He does have jaundice so they are monitoring him for that. But, mom and baby are now home and both doing well.




Here's a picture of Halloween. It was after trick-0r-treating.




We took the kids to the neighborhood around the fire station. We went around the loop, then stopped by the fire station for all kinds of goodies. We had plenty of candy and were headed to Aunt Kathy's at 7:20. We stopped there, visited for a few minutes then stopped at one of her neighbors and came home. It was nice to be done before the kids were overly exhausted. I have more pictures of just my kids in their costumes, but they are not on the computer yet, to my knowledge. Let me check...yeah, if they are on here, I am not seeing them. So, as soon as they are on here, I will post them.

Midterm grades were posted and I am doing well. 4.0 in all my classes, except social work 240. I have no idea why it says 3.0 but perhaps it's because he enters a generic grade for all. At our next class, I will ask him. It seems like he was the one who always puts in a 3.0 just to enter a grade.

Winter registration is open and I need to get in and sign up for classes. The lines are always so long. I really only need the one class...social work 250, but will take a few others to be considered full time for financial aid. That will be my last semester and I will have my Social Work Technician Degree, as well as my associates in Applied Science and Arts. Then it will off to chase my BSW. =)

Well, the forecast is saying flurries for the morning. Not looking forward to that. Even though I know it will melt before it hits the ground (or at least, I hope), I am not ready to face winter yet. However, we have begun Christmas shopping. That's a good feeling. Some things I want to wait for black Friday just because they will most likely be cheap then.

Sebastian is doing well with getting on the bus now. He wants to be out at the bus stop as soon as he is dressed and ready (usually with 20 mins to spare).

Well, I am going to get off here and start doing my homework. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Congrats to Shannon on the beautiful baby! I love the halloween picture! Glad that Sebastian is doing well with school and congrats to you on the great grades once again! Talk to you soon!

Julie Q said...

Wow to all the babies get to hold! :) He's a beautiful baby. I hope he continues to get better. How scary to have a fever like that at birth.

Fun Halloween picture. :)

Wow to you on your grades and your progress! Make those extra classes count toward your BSW if you can! :)

Anonymous said...

Kudos to my brilliant niece, congrats to Shannon and family for the beautiful baby boy. Halloween looked like fun!

Love ya,
Aunt Bev