Friday, November 13, 2009

So much to say but...

It is late and so so I will just share this:

I applied for graduation today! In May I will graduate with my associates in applied science with Social work technician specified, my associates in Arts and my MACRAO (which is showing universities/4 yr colleges that I successfully completed all the requirements to enter as a junior). The absolute only class I need next semester is my Social Work 250 class, which is the last 150 hours of internship! Go me. I am very proud of myself, even if it's unfashionable to be so. I have worked hard and sacrificed much, but I know the rewards will be worth every bit of it! And honestly, i have been enjoying the journey and I have grown and learned so much about myself, others, life in general, and of course, the topics in which I studied!

If you are reading this and have a little niggling in the back of your head urging you to go to college, listen to it. It has been, by far, the very best thing I have done for myself and my family. I feel so much better about myself, I have a sense of worth, I feel valued, respected, appreciated.

Oh and I have to add that Shannon and Kevin came over tonight so I finally got to see the new addition to our family. Clayton is absolutely beautiful. Just perfect. ANd quite a quiet baby.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I used to have that feeling about going back. I don't anymore. I just feel to darn tired right now. Never say never, you never know right? :)

You do sound so happy Christina. I am so happy for you. :) Congratulations on everything! :) Amanda still needs to apply for graduation. Yikes! Two graduting this spring, how did that happen! ;)

Lucky you getting to hold all those babies! :)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina-I have to say-and I know I have said it before but it is worth repeating-I am so proud of you! You have done an amazing job with college and I can't wait until I get to hear about all your exciting adventures you will have with the awesome job you get from doing all this work! So glad that all your hard work is paying off!