Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wow a few spare moments

How unusual. I am so glad it is nearly the weekend. I am exhausted. To top it off, I have some sort of bug that has left me feeling fatigued with an upset stomach and frequent trips to the bathroom. It started last night on my way home from class. I didn't want to go to my classes today because I felt so hellish. But, we had group presentations in one class and a test in the other. So, i sucked it up, took some keep-me-out-of-the-bathroom-dear-Lord pills and headed off to school. I took a nap when I got home and I took another this evening while the kids were next door at gma's watching a movie. I could have slept right on through but there are always mommy things to do. Now I am enjoying some peaceful me time, which I have not had in quite some time. I really am stealing this time because I could be studying for the tests I have next week. But, for now, I will not think of them.

I applied for graduation and signed up for Winter. I only have 9 credits right now and am debating on adding the 4th class for full time. I don't need anymore credits. Truth is, i will have about 80 credits give or take a couple. But, for financial aid I have to go at least part time. I really don't want to mess up my reward amounts so that's why i am leaning on taking the 4th class. So far i have my social work class, the last leg of my internship, then I have a Leadership Development class that the adviser recommended and Racial and Ethnic relations. One thing I stressed to her was that I wanted a more laid back semester because this one I am in now is just down right grueling at times.

I go tomorrow for my training in MiCAFE (Michigan's coordinated access for food for the elderly). I have been doing the applications for quite some time now but after tomorrow, I will ahve my own pin, be able to sign the applications and do it all by myself without Ruben's supervision. I hope I feel well enough to not be miserable during the five hour training.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving break. We are going up to my grandma's and it will be nice to get away. Makenneh just can't wait to see great-grandma. She has gifts for her and can't wait to give them.

The weekend following that is our family Christmas party and my cousin's wedding. Yes, on the same day, different sides of the family. So, we plan to attend the wedding, then go to the Christmas party then go to the reception. I will not give up the family Christmas party, the chance to see family members I see only a few times a year, most importantly grandma. And there is no reason that arrangement won't work.

I am anxious to finish Christmas shopping but i know i need to wait til black friday. I will be very disappointed if i buy things now and discover them much cheaper that day. We will be going to the stores up north and they are not nearly as packed and hectic as they are around here. We did this a few years ago and it was amazing how few people were actually out shopping on Black Friday up there. It was nice to get all the good deals without all the crowds of roudy, rude people. The only disadvantage is that the stores seem to be more spread out and less options. But i will be able to get the things I want, I am sure.

Well, Ineed to look up directions to my training tomorrow and then I think I will take my exhausted self to bed. I bet I drool tonight. LOL

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-it sure sounds like you are going to be very busy soon-even more than usual! Hope that you guys really enjoy the holidays and that you can get the things you want when shopping! Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie Q said...

Have a wonderful holiday Christina! :) Oh, the rest of your family too!

Maybe we will get a little snow!

I know I know, but it's so pretty!