Friday, September 12, 2008

Holy Gas Prices

STick me with a fork, Im done. Gas was around 3.85/gallon this morning. By afternoon, it was jumping to 4.95, with talks that in surrounding cities it was already reaching 6.00 and 7.00 per gallon. Are you kidding me?! I don't want to go out tomorrow and see that high of gas prices. It's insane. The gas stations all have long lines, backing traffic up and it's just a crazy thing out there. People trying to top off their gas tanks before the huge hike in gas prices. Unbelievable it is. But, it does help to prove a sort of point, i suppose. If we speak from a political view point. Many people think the president has much control over gas prices. If this were so, does any realistic being think that a president would allow them soar sooo entirely high this close to election? Even if he can't be reelected, he is going to want a republican to take his seat. Therefore, if he had control, he would certainly keep it from jumping this damn high this close to the election. So, I think that theory is now blown out of the water. At least to some degree, if we think about it this logically. It would hurt the republican party to allow this when the election is so close. Just think about that for a moment.

Enough politics. Let's talk weather because well, my life is THAT pathetic and well, the weather is peculiar as of late. We are looking at rain all weekend and it already started today. I saw on Julie Q's blog that it is due to Ike. Great, we get the residual effects of Ike. She had mentioned that we may experience winds up to 40 mph. Yikes. To think that the effects of the hurricane can reach us all the way up here. It's amazing how it all works. I was hoping for better weather this weekend though. I even got a burn permit so we could have a bonfire. but, the forecast doesn't seem to allow for any of that.

Tomorrow is Jeremy's birthday. I bought him some steaks and I am making Chocolate Upside Cake. it is sooo yummy! But, i realized tonight that I forgot the darn chocolate chips so I will have to run out tomorrow and get those. Here I thought I could avoid the store tomorrow. Oh well. ha, i have hershey bars, I may just decide to break those up and use them instead. I am over this going to the store all the time. It gets tiring. Especially when you haven't money to shop around and pick up things that tickle your fancy. Takes all the fun right out of it. Hah! Hopefully tomorrow isn't as humid as today. I don't want to do the whole oven thing if so. It was so hazy today. The temp didn't get too high, but the air was so thick you could nearly slice it with a knife. You could certainly see it.

i was going to put more money on my cell phone (I was supposed to do it the beginning of hte month but i didn't have the money) and I am getting frustrated. Walmart only cells Top-up cards (the ones I use for my Virgin phone) in $30 incriments. WEll, I need like 34.00. I didn't want to buy 60.00 worth of cards today bc we just don't have the extra money right now. i thought I could put the 30 on and then use my debit card for the few extra dollars. I got the site and realized that they only let you pay in 10.00 increments. Grrrr...striking out all over here. I haven't gone to the bank in forever (jeremy gets paid cash) so I have like no money in there. So, now I have to wait til monday when I can go to bank, deposit money, so I can use my debit card to put 10.00 on there. No winning. At least I will have it in time for the school week. It is awfully dark on campus at night. I was a bit upset about that. The main campus isn't in the best of areas and they have had problems there before. Yet, the damn place is poorly lit and classes are letting out at 9pm. And because of crappy parking, you must walk all across the campus to get from class to car. I think I shall invest in some pepper spray. Funny how it never bothered when i went when I was younger. I dind't think twice. Now, I stepped out of the building and was like, "Whoa! This isn't even cool." I mentioned something to one of the girls walking out with me and she said her friend was attacked on that campus about 8 or 9 yrs ago. I usually don't worry about that kinda stuff too much. I mean, i am alert while walking, I am paying attention to my surroundings and always on the lookout. But, i usually don't fret about it. Mom says I dare to go where Angels fear to tread. She says that because I will drive through the hood if need be. I don't freak out and have a melt down. I keep my chin up, eyes open and go about my business. It just shocks me that the college is putting all this money into freaking landscaping and huge speed bumps that about take your oil pan off and yet, they can't get some better/brighter lighting. Makes no sense to me. They put in new speed bumps last weekend. I got to school on monday, go over the speed bump at the normal speed (under 25mph) and bottomed out...of course, as i reached the next one, i noticed that all these bumps have scrapings of paint on them....so obviously everyone was doing the same thing. I slowed to a complete stop and rolled over teh rest of them. I can't afford to have an oil pan or muffler ripped off by a damn speed bump. But lo and behold, those things we cut down yesterday when i got there. I knew they were too high. Sure they had a lot of complaints.

My brother and Sara picked a date for their wedding. August 22, 2009. I have to email the church to reserve the date. I need to do that now, so I don't forget. Next year is gonna be another busy one for me. Jeremy's cousin is getting married in May, in Vegas, having a reception in June and a shower in probably march or april. My sister is due May 1st, so a shower in march or april. My nephew graduates in June, so an open house in June for him. My brother gets married in August and a shower in june or july. Then my cousin gets married in December, so a shower in october or november. Crazy. Those are just the events I already know about. Heaven knows I will get more open house invites at least. And at least one more shower or something to attend. Wow.

Well, i am going to get off here and finish up things so i can get to bed...have a great weekend. I may not be around much, as usual on the weekends.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Part of the gas prices is price gouging. I'd report the stations that have it so high. They will get fined. And if you bought gas at a station that did that, they have to return the extra money.

It went up a little bit here, but not that high.

Today is actually a bit brighter than yesterday. However, Ike is supposed to hit later today. :( I've had enough rain! 40 mph isn't too bad. We've had much worse here. And hopefully it has died down even more than they said it might be. :) I hope that made sense.

You are going to have a big year ahead of you! We have to plan a baby shower for Thanksgiving weekend yet! Nothing too fancy though. :) Just excited to have a new baby in the family. :)

Julie Q said...

Ok, it's been a week. :) I need a Christina update. :)

I hope all is well and life is keeping you happily busy.