Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm still here

Julie brought it to my attention that it's been awhile since I've posted. Yes, it has. For no particular reason, other than everyday life happening. One day last week, Makenneh was at her friend's house playing and comes home, holding a wad of paper towel to her head, blood running down her arm, crying. I run to her, ask her what happened and she said she was under Cassie's table and it happened. I was upset that they left her to walk home, bleeding from her head, by herself. I get her in the house, try to clean it up so i can see the damage. Every time the towel is pulled away, the blood starts pouring out. My mom freaks out in the sight of any danger and my dad had just left to run to town. Jeremy wasn't yet home from work. I had to be strong because I didn't want to upset Makenneh any more than she already was. I got a washcloth wet and began to try to wash away the blood to see the wound. In the meantime, I'm asking Makenneh what happened. I guess they were playing hide and seek and she crawled under the table. She hit her head on something and voila! My mom went over to check but saw no nails or sharp things under there, so i have no idea. Once I got the bleeding to stop, I saw that the wound wasn't nearly as bad as the bleeding may have implied. It was a small cut right in her hairline on the left side. I cleaned it all up and asked her how she felt. The bleeding stopped, her eyes dialated properly and she was ready to go play some more! I convinced her to relax on the couch for a bit while I cleaned up the bathroom. In the midst of this, before I had had a chance to see the wound, Cassie comes over and says how she has to get the blood cleaned before her mom gets home because she will be mad and blame it all on Cassie. Wow, i was livid. Here my kid is, bleeding from the head and everyone is concerned about blood on carpet of a rental unit. I wanted to puke, cry and scream at once. After I got to the wound and saw that it wasn't a gaping hole or anything and had Makenneh cleaned up, I told Cassie that my dad attends church with her landlord and will explain to him that the blood on his carpet is Makenneh's and I am sure the landlord will have no real problem with it. I am sure his first question would be whether or not Makenneh was ok. My assumption is, her mom must be quite the "meanie" about things because why else is this 11 yr old more worried about mom seeing blood on the carpet than the safety of the person whose blood it is? She kept saying it over and over, too, as if she were really worried bout it. I don't know. Anyway, Makenneh is well, has a small boo boo that her hair hides and all is well.

Then, Friday night I was able to spend the evening in the ER because Jeremy got a fish hook in his finger. I almost passed out while in the room while the doctor was getting it out. I have never reacted like that before. I mean, I watched his vasectomy without a flinch. But, here I was, pouring sweat, chilled, sick to my stomach, shaking legs, ready to pass out. They gave him an antibiotic but nothing for pain. It tends to throb and hurt at times, but for the most part, he is doing fine. It's gross because they have to poke the hook through the other side to clip off the barbs, then pull the hook back out. Ugh, so gross! So those are the exciting*but not fun* events of my week.

On a brighter note: Sebastian is potty trained. He has been all week plus without diapers. At first, I was using diapers at night still, but JEremy had forgotten to put one on one night and he remained clean and dry, so he doesn't even get them at night! I am so done with diapers. He still has occassional accidents, but I just never thought we would get this far! Whew! No more diapers for me!

My brother officially proposed to his girlfriend last night. It was sweet. They already have a baby together and already knew they were going to get married, but he got the ring and made the proposal last night while they were in Frankenmuth, enjoying an evening out together! Their wedding is set for August 29, 2009. So many weddings

Well, my dear hubby is over my shoulder, patiently anticipating the use of the internet (just one more min, honey)....so I am gonna get off here and take a little rest!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Ew to the hook thing!

Poor Makenneh, that must have hurt! 11 year olds are still young and not always too bright.

Woo hoo for no more diapers! :) That is great Christina!!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Must be nice to not deal with diapers anymore. We have been trying with the girls-even tried to put them in underwear today. They ended up peeing in the underwear and saying uh-oh as they did! Oh well-guess we have to keep trying. Sorry Makenneh and Jeremy got hurt. You need a vacation-want to come to NC?