Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a tad tired?!

Between early mornings for Makenneh going to school, me starting school and then the added fatigue of my "monthly", I am just beat. Proof: this afternoon I was so tired i couldn't stay up another moment. I thought I would ay down on the couch for a bit and just rest. I fell dead asleep and didn't wake until I was having a dream that I was getting ready to leave for class and realized I had a bunch of homework to do. That woke me up. I looked at the clock and had to shake my head and clear the fog to see again. It was 530pm and I had to be to class at 6pm. I normally leave at 5ish to be sure i get there on time, btwn construction, detours, parking and walking to class. I had to change into my jeans (bc i had pj pants on) and I flew out the door. I didn't have time to do anything else. It was such a horrid feeling. The kids were outside playing so I didn't get to kiss them good bye, I hadn't made dinner, nothing. Of course, living with my parents meant that I was able to nap in the first place and I knew that between Jeremy and my parents, the kids would be fed but it was still rough. And of course, it's a rough start to a class. I was a couple mins late to class, no big deal. But, as I took my seat in the group I work with for our project, I realized that we were having a quiz and that I hadn't read chapters 1 & 2. Ugh!!!! Not enough time to read, so i just hit the summaries and hoped for the best. Well, as it turns out, the teacher let us take the quizes in our groups, so btwn the reading I was able to do in those few mins and working in the group, I only missed 2. Whew! Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

My sister had her ultrasound today and everything looks great. She is Due May 1st. Well, take your pick. The doc said April 3oth based on the first day of her last period. U/S said May 1st. LOL. I'm guessing anytime in there, huh?! They were able to hear the heartbeat and of course, that was a relief. I am sure that my sister will be able to relax now and really enjoy the rest of her pregnancy. For the most part. She was so worried after having had the cramps and discharge. Although, both issues have been explained and the doc had even said the early ultrasound wouldn't be necessary. she wanted it anyway for peace of mind. Now she has it. It will be the last peace of mind she will ever have now! hahahahahahhahahaaa. Makenneh keeps saying that Aunt Carrie has one boy and one girl in her belly. I think that's too cute. Of course, they only saw one in there today, so I don't think that will be an issue.

Tomorrow my mom has a funeral to go to. One of her cousins passed away. She is about my mom's age (don't think she is over 50). She had a clot on/in/near her lungs, so they had placed a mesh thing around it to prevent more clots and then there was another clot, so she had an upcoming appointment at UofM hospital. Well, she began to have severe pain and such, so she went in to their ER and was being transported to Cardiac Care for the clot when they lost her pulse. They did everything they could to bring her back, but she was gone. She has a minor child and husband that she leaves behind. It's rather sad. It just goes to show that when our time on Earth is done, it is done. On that same note, the "words from the pastor" section of the weekly pamphlet at church had a bit about living like you were dying. It was very eye opening to read. It read something like this: I have a life-threatening ailment and am dying. and goes on to talk about how we are all inflicted with this ailment. We are all dying. Puts things into perspective. I think we often forget that little piece. We say the things we would do if we knew were dying, yet, we already know we are dying and we still don't do these things. We put it off until tomorrow, with the thought that tomorrow never comes. (which tomorrow does come. We just call it something else. We call it TODAY!). And speaking of death- me, my sister and my mom all went to get our rings inspected and cleaned. Mom's ring has to be sent in because one of the diamonds are loose. The lady told her that she really needs to get it soldered because that's what is causing the damage. AS the two rings (engagement/wedding) knock back and forth on each other, the one diamond is constantly being hit by the other ring....thus loosing it. If it were soldered together, that wouldn't happen. Well, mom didn't want her ring soldered because she had the thought that unsoldered, each of us girls could have a piece. Now, that isn't going to work and she was all worried about who would get her ring when she dies and how could she keep it fair. Sis and I told her we would bury it with her. NO she said. Today, she brought it up again and kinda talked herself through a solution. She said she would like me to have the ring because it is a nice set and my sister already has a nice set. Mine is just a solitaire and band (which I am completely happy with-it's what I chose). I told her it doesn't matter to me. SHe then said that she has her mom's rings too. So, I said well how about you give that to Carrie because I already have one of my gma's rings. And while this ring didn't cost as much as the wedding set, it is an expensive piece (and one i am always complimented on). That way, sis gets one of gma's rings, too. I really don't care, because my thoughts on this stuff is this: material possessions do not bring your loved one back. They don't make or erase the memories of the heart. They just don't matter. The bonds of life, of living, aren't dependant upon the material things. I cherish the ring that was my gma's and it is my prized possession (honestly, probably the nicest thing I own), but it doesn't change the memories I have of my grandma. Those memories exist with or without the ring. So, yeah, don't know how I got off on that subject, but now it's out there. And during a car ride, we were able to settle the dilemma.

Mom went and bought a nice, fancy camera today. she has wanted one for a long time and didn't want to just settle, so she has been researching cameras and learning things about them to make the best decision. She finally bought one today. It's quite a fancy contraption and I had to tease her about what she planned on photographing with this fancy thing. I had to give her a hard time out of fun. She has had her face burried in the "digital SLR book for dummies" almost all day. That came in the camera bundle she bought. Along with a printer (not that we needed another of those), an additional lens and then a starter kit that included a carry bag, extra battery and uv protection lens. My goodness, I didn't realize taking pictures could be so involved. Point and shoot, please. Although, i am a bit excited to have her take pics of the kids and see how well they turn out.

Well, I am sure this post has become lengthy enough and i need to finish my rounds on here and get to bed. 630am comes too darn early for this girl!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Wonderful news about your sister. So happy to hear it! :)

I hear you on the being tired! Ugh, I get up about 6:00 and it makes for a long day! And by about Wednesday, I've had it!

:) Good for your Mom! I want a digital slr myself. I have a film one that I love, but digital is so fun and right in the moment!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina, I am so glad that Carrie got good news at the doctor. That is so awesome! Twins are fun by the way! Glad that you were not too late for class and passed the test! Hope that you have a good weekend!