Monday, September 22, 2008

Just another Manic Monday

Today has been one of those days. I got home from school and both kids were just being horrible. Makenneh more so. Her mouth is out of control. She got grounded last night for her mouthiness and today continued the trend. When she would ease up, Sebastian would start in with whining or something equally irritating. I was meanwhile trying to read my chapter in Child Welfare and do my take home quiz. It took me about four hours to read one chapter and answer 3 questions. That should shine some light on the number of interruptions I had to deal with. Then, it all came to head a little bit ago. I was in here googling AA meetings in my area because I have to attend one for my Substance Abuse class and write a paper, that is due on Thursday. While searching for meeting locations and times, I hear the kids outside carrying on. Then I hear Sebastian start crying. I didn't think much of it because well, they have been going on like this all day. Then, I hear Makenneh hollering for me. I fly up and run out the door. I am literally 5 steps from the front door. As I open it, she is telling me Sebastian is hurt and bleeding and there he is, bleeding. She threw a chair and it hit him in the head. He refused to get in the shower to let me wash him, so I had to get a wash cloth and do it. The cut is minimal but like any cut to the head area, they bleed. I was able to wash the blood off his arms, hands, legs, etc but can't get it out of his hair without a shower. HE refuses so for now, he is running around with blood in his white hair. Lovely. I called Jeremy almost in tears because I am at my wits end. I don't want to see anymore blood spurting from any parts of the body for a while. I have had my share, thank you.

I have a test on Wednesday in my Social Work with the Aging class. It's open book/open notes, so that's a plus. The state of mind im in right now isn't conducive to productive studying. I've read all the chapters - 5 of them are included on this test and I have taken all the class notes, so I should be fine.

well, hours have passed since I started this blog...but had to get kids to bed and then call my sister to see if she could print my homework that is due Wednesday. I emailed it to her to have her print. What a pain. I so hope I am getting enough back from financial aid to get either my car running and a computer or a different car and a computer. either way, I need wheels and a computer. This isn't going to work all semester long.

My dad finally got called back to work today. They want him to go back tomorrow. He was a little frustrated with the lack of notice. He was in the midst of a home project when they called this afternoon so he had to wrap that up. Then, it allows no time to readjust. He has been off for a month. And the other dilemma is I now have no wheels to get to my day class on mon and wed. Nor do I have wheels for my jury duty that starts next Thursday. They did get the title to that other car and got it all legal but the brakes are very bad so can't drive it too far. I may have to until I get my money from financial aid. It just seems to be one thing after another. I guess I am supposed to have my money 3 weeks from the date of record for the college, which was the 15th. That would mean I still have 2 weeks to wait. I don't know how well it is going to work out. but better to know I have some money coming than not to have any coming. Oh well.

Well, my head is still spinning from my crappy day and crazy night. I am going to get off here before I ramble more nonsense. I have some loose ends to tie up for school and then I am going to bed. Ok, i will probably read blogs and unwind a bit too!

PS...Sebastian finally let me wash the blood out of his hair awhile ago. I couldn't let him go to bed like that. I figured if i just ignored it for a bit, he would cooperate. Lucky me, it worked.

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh my. I hope today was better!!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

You sure have had your share of bloody incidences lately! Hope that things start going better for you! Take it easy!