Thursday, June 04, 2009

Fishing

Julie's comment made me realize I should acknowledge that yes, fishing is Jeremy's escape, albeit one of several. (video games, movies and even craigslist lately). I mostly try not to mind, but sometimes it still frustrates me because he gets his "me time" and well, I so seldom do, in that there isn't "one thing" that I just get to go do without any thought to kids and such. I do play bunco once a month, gone for about 3 hours in the evening. Other than that, I have nothing that takes me away for pleasure. So, sometimes, i feel a tad envious that he has his fishing. But, I can't say that it's always that way. More times than not, i am thankful for the fishing because when he doesn't have that time to refresh, he can get quite grumpy. I do imagine that he often feels like a rat in cage, with no way out. I cam empathize with him on that. I don't begrudge him his fishing. I really don't. But, when it's a hectic day with kids, or we have absolutely no money and he is wanting to go fishing, it frustrates me that he doesn't seem able to see the big picture. He wants what he wants, i feel, with no thought to the big picture. I still love him though, nonetheless. And even when I'm pmsing and wanting to bitch about things, I am still aware that he does some pretty awesome things (like take kids fishing with) and those good things far outweigh the others.

I had to go to the senior center today to show my boss to put in the MMAP applications. It was a hectic morning. Mom went to Ann Arbor with Carrie for a follow-up visit and to determine what other course of action needs to take place regarding her tear. Dad had to go the high school to sort out a mess with Christopher regarding graduation. Jeremy had to be to work at 830, Makenneh on the bus around 820. Yeah, so we loaded the kids up, dropped Jeremy off at work, took Makenneh to school, then I had to run to walmart for a phone card. I got home, dad wasn't here yet..i waited around but was running out of time. I had to be in before 1pm to show Ruben that application process. Makenneh gets off the bus around 1215. Finally, i decided to take Seb with me to the senior center, call my cousin and have him on standby in case I didn't make it back in time to get Makenneh off the bus. I arrive at the senior center, walk Ruben through the steps and my cell phone rings. It's the school..m.akenneh got sick in class. So, I had to go pick her up. I finished up real quick with Ruben and Seb and I headed to get Makenneh. I got there and she was sitting in the office, the entire front of her wet from them cleaning puke off her. The poor girl. She has been in bed ever since. Now, I need to run to the grocery store to get a few things that are on sale, including meat for tonight's dinner. however, dad is working on some project outside, Makenneh is sleeping. I could just take Seb with me, but I don't want to leave Kenneh in here by herself, in case she wakes up puking or something.

Ahhh, mom and sis just got home! I am off to get hings done then..may be back later.

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-I have missed alot of posts from you! Things have been crazy here! Looks like you guys have been keeping busy and having some fun!

Julie Q said...

:) It is nice that you know he needs a place to just be himself. It is also nice he takes the kids fishing.

I hope your girl is feeling better now. :( Darn flu bugs! My friend was sick with one last week.

I have a very cute Mickey Mouse sweatshirt jacket. Do you think Seb would like it? You can email me at quantzkj@sbcglobal.net. I bought it for Z and he did wear it, but it's too small and he's too old. ;) I would have just mailed it, but I lost your address when I wiped my computer clean. :)