Monday, June 22, 2009

Was it Father's Day?

I actually had a decent day yesterday. We went to the breakfast at the church...9am! While there, Sebastian was very disinterested in eating and was just sitting there, staring off...then he leaned his head back in his chair and closed his eyes..it was almost creepy. I looked at Jeremy and was like, what is wrong with him? Well, unbeknown to me, Sebastian had had diarrhea again that morning. I was unaware of this, as I woke up in time to throw myself together and go. We ended up leaving and coming home. I didn't want to have him there sick. I utilized the time to get ready for the cookout for Father's Day. By the time my parents got home, everything was pretty much set. So, things ran smoothly for the day..the kids played in the pool and at push-ups and bomb pops. It was a relaxing day for everything. And Makenneh's behavior was good. I almost thought perhaps it was Mother's Day.

So, it seems that I didn't post about Makenneh's hand, so I will give the rundown now. She was playing at my Uncle Ken's on or near his utility trailer. The kids were catching baby frogs that were everywhere! Next thing I hear is Makenneh crying. She had fell, Seb came and told dad and he was out getting her. I called my family doc, who wasn't in, and he said to take her to the after hours clinic. We waited until the opened and took her up there. They did an xray, he said it wasn't broken, but needed a splint. I followed up with my family doctor the next day and because none of the reports had been sent over, he didn't know if it was broken, etc. He told me to pick up the xray film, bring it to him monday and he would cast it. So, that's what I did. I took her in today and after 2 trips (forgot the film the first time) and going out of my way because I was in never never land, we got there and he put the cast on. She has a hairline fracture so he wanted it casted for 3 weeks. I was so glad that it will only be on for 3 weeks. She will still have plenty of summer fun left after the cast. I tried the plastic bag and tape method today but somehow, water still got in. Not to mention, removing the tape left a nasty red mark/bruise. But, to use weaker tape would be pointless because it wouldn't stick at all in the water. I will gladly take any and all suggestions. It is just one of those intex easy set pools....up to makenneh's midsection.

The heat has rolled in and summer is in full swing. temps will be hovering near 90* this week. If the humidity stays low, I can handle it...otherwise, I will become quite the ornery bitch. Oh wait, it doesn't necessarily take heat to do that. ;)

Well, I am exhausted and off to finish on here before bed. No plans in the works for tomorrow, so I plan to stay home and vegitate!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe a rubber band instead of tape? Or wide elastic from an old pair of pants (or a sewing stash).

Julie Q said...

It' only three weeks. I think I'd just try and keep it dry Christina. Those things can really get to stinking once they are wet inside. I do feel for her though. Maybe just a sprinkler with the rubberband idea? Set it low so she can cool off, but not get her arm really wet?

Poor Seb. I hope he's feeling better.

Yuck to this humidity. I really can't like it!

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Well-glad that it is only three weeks! I can't imagine what she would do if it was longer-of course to her it probably is the rest of her life having it on. Praying that she handles it well! Hope that the heat lets up a little for you! Glad that Father's Day went well for you all and hope that Sebastian is better soon!