Sunday, June 14, 2009

To the Doctor

tomorrow. I am taking Makenneh in to get her checked. She will be seemingly fine one day (0r one moment) then sick to her stomach and throwing up. I hope it is something simple like dehydration (I say simple, because with water, that can be taken care of) as Stacy suggested. Unfortunately, diabetes does run in our family and so, well, I really hope Julie is wrong. ;)

The strange thing is, we have been staying at my uncles this past week and his girlfriend got sick and missed work friday..spent all night and day sick, puking, diarrhea and then my cousin got sick and threw up too on friday. So there is a bug going around here. I have thought that it could be due to her weakened immune system. That last time she and I got real sick (went to ER...codeine for me, remember?) well, the follow up visit with our doc he told me that she will be vulnerable for some time after that illness. so, i am thinking it could be due to that and bugs are going around..she just happens to pick them up whereas the rest of us are mostly able to fight them off. I kept her home from church this morning even though I feel bad because they are doing the Sunshine store today so the kids can buy things for Father's Day. But, i couldn't send her knowing she was up around 5am throwing up. Even though, she will most likely feel okay when she does wake up.

The weather has been quite mild lately....even getting quite chilly at night. I won't complain though because it won't be long and the days will be so hottt and the nights hot still and miserable and hard to sleep. My dad and Jeremy are supposed to be setting up the pool soon, so hopefully we can spend lots of time in it when it does get hot. My Uncle gave us the pool, it's larger than the one we had but still one of those easy set pools. It does require a ladder though, so it will be large enough to have fun and stay cool.

Yeah, nothing too exciting this morning. Of course, I would rather be in bed still. I didn't go to bed until quite late....really around 5am. My uncle's friend and his gf came over and we all played cards...By the time they left, I wound down and tried to sleep, well, makenneh was up sick. Then, my mom was here at 8am to see if Kenneh was going to church..i couldn't go back to sleep after that and then before I knew it, Seb was up, rearing to go. I'm just glad I only had one beer...because while I didn't get much sleep, at least I don't have a hang over. I don't like those, which is why I don't drink much.

well, I am off here ..enjoy the day

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I am glad you are getting her checked. I was just mentioned that because I recalled the symptoms of my cousin as a child. I do hope it is something else.

Then again, if it is her sugar levels going high and low, it could the reason for her mood swings.

Good luck and good thoughts to you and Makenneh!! :)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Christina-so what did you find out from the doctors??? I hope that everything is fine and it is just an easy fix! Please update us when you get a chance and I am praying!