Sunday, June 28, 2009

what a weekend

Yesterday was Jeremy's cousin's wedding reception. We had a great time. My mom, sister and I did all the cooking and serving, so that made for a very long, tiring day, but I was finally able to put the apron up and have a good time. Today we are getting ready to head to the lake for some fishing and a picnic. I must say that I think I have fallen more in love with my husband this weekend...he has just been great! He dealt with the kids at the reception while I did the food and then while I danced the night away and had a good time. I woke up this morning with severely aching legs. Between standing on them for nearly 12 hours straight with dancing thrown in there, well, they hurt. But, after I got up and around, the stiffness and soreness started to go away. My fingers even hurt.

I start classes tomorrow for summer. The college called me on Wed to tell me that both of my classes I had signed up for (business math and intro to business) were canceled. So, I wasn't able to get back up there to reschedule two classes until Friday. I signed up for advertising and principles of marketing. I have heard these were fun/easy classes..just the type of classes for summer. I also signed up for a couple of my fall classes but I have to go through and find two more. It is so hard because the internship class that I need for social work is right in teh middle of the day ...so I have to work my schedule around that while keeping in mind the need to fulfill 150 hours of internship, so needing to leave some hours available to do so.

Last night while at the reception, I discovered that if everything goes as planned for school..i should be finished with my Masters when my brother in law finishes with his PhD. My mother in law says we will have to throw one heck of a huge party! LOL.

Well, my brother and sister in law just got here, so I am off here to visit and then head to the lake.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Wow, making food for a wedding sounds like so much work! I'm glad you also had some time to enjoy yourself. :)

Your hubby sounds like a keeper. :) Always nice when you get help with the kids.

Good luck with your college classes this summer!! Not that you need it, but Good luck anyway! ;)