Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Thank God and..

Nonflammable additives for bedding. Makenneh had a night light....Hannah Montana one. She used it every night. Well, not last night but the night before, as we were preparing for bed....she said, "Mom, I need a new night light, this one is broke." I look, notice the bulb missing. I scour her bed for any broken glass, and shake out the blanket. Nothing. Hmmm, peculiar it is. Sure that the glass is gone (but who knows where), I have her climb into bed, and I lay down beside her. We cover with her favorite Pooh Bear Blanket. She says, "mom, there is something on my blanket...glass I think." I have Seb get up and turn the light on so as not to disturb the possible glass on our blanket. I look and it wasn't just glass....the night light had gotten so hot and her blanket was touching it (apparently the night before) that it melted part of the bulb to the blanket, burned a hole the size of a golf ball into the blanket. I felt sooo sick to my stomach to think that had it not been for the nonflammable substance they add to bedding and such, well, that blanket very well could have caught fire and burned my baby right up. There will be no more night lights plugged in near the bed.

Well,Jeremy just came in and wants to go fishing. So, I guess I get to drop him off. Sometimes it frustrates me...like, is that all he thinks about?

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Maybe fishing is an escape for Jeremy? It must be hard living with your parents.

By the way, if it is just fishing he thinks of, that doesn't surprise me! ;) Ken was a big hunter when I met him. It's let up since his Grandpa died though.

So glad a fire didn't start! That is scary! We have never had good luck with night lights. They either don't work or smell like burning plastic. We put a dimmer switch in the boys room and use that for Zachary.