Monday, July 13, 2009

All kinds of stuff

Here are some pictures, Finally!

Sebastian mowing on his corn 4th of July...too cute!
Makenneh, Sebastian and their cousin, Keira at a family cook out the day after
Liberty and her silky. My sister has had a "silky" since she was a kid. It was once our maternal gma's nighty. Carrie has used this silky while sucking or thumb then graduated to just using it to silk btwn her fingers..which she still does to this day. Now, she shares a piece with Libby and even gave Makenneh one. Both girls love theirs!
Makenneh and Kaden at the family Reunion this past Saturday
The birthday boy full of black frosting..that stuff is EVIL. But isn't he cute?!


My dad and Aunt Bev (can't you see the family resemblence?)


Grandma and the kiddos. Sebastian melted my heart when he all but knocked me over to race to grandma to give her a hug and kiss before she left. He is usually so shy and stand-offish. I was pleased.



I have to start my post with a gripe. My mom took my printer over to Matt and Sara's trying to get their wedding invites printed. My printer worked fabulously when it left the house...now it won't print for shit. Nothing seems to work right. I first noticed when I was working on my advertising assignment the other day....all the shading printed in a green hue. I had to print and then use the copy function to get it black/white. It said my black ink was low, I checked and the darn thing is half full. I decided to put a new cartridge in anyway to see if it would help, nope. Printer still tells me bk ink is low. Still prints funky colored. I just ran an alignment check and color quality check and a cleaning...yet still won't print right. I was trying to work on part of their wedding gift. I am making thank you cards with their pic set as background. They look nice but not if i can't get them to print correctly. My mom told me that Sara's brother in law tore my printer apart in an attempt to "see why it wasn't printing"....I don't know if he didn't get something back where it belongs or what. I do know that I NEED this printer to work properly for my class and for those thank yous.

We had a busy weekend. I have been manning the yard sale at my uncle's. I spent Saturday split between homework and yard sale. Sunday we had Kaden's 2nd bday party at the beach. I was impressed with the venue. I had heard that that particular beach was bad news, but it wasn't overly crowded and they have a splash pad for the kids to play on. My kids were fantastically behaved and didn't put up a fight when it was time to go.

I got an A on my first test. I am disappointed though. I missed 7 questions. HOw the hell I did that, I havent a clue other than to say that I sorta rushed through the thing. Most of the ones I got wrong were out of haste. Grrrr. AT least it is still an A even if only a weak A. I have another test Wednesday and another on Monday. I can't believe how fast he is pushing this class. We are like a week or so ahead of the syllabus.

Im uploading pics as I write and well, I am getting quite carried away. I haven't posted pics in so long and there are so many cute ones. Stacy, how do you do the slideshows on here? I have done one before (on diff site) but I can't remember how and I just don't have time to play around on here anymore like I used to. But, Stacy always uses slideshows and that is a better way, I think, to post several pics at one time. So, if I can get it figured out, i will do it that way next time.

Oh and the best news of the day...Makenneh got her cast off today. Then he sent me to the diagnostic center for an xray and I have to take her back to doc in the AM. I am afraid that whatever the radiologist found on the Xray wasn't what we hoped for. Otherwise, my doc wouldn't have wanted us back in first thing in the morning. Please pray that she doesn't need another cast and that the bone is healing as it should. I hate that they can't tell you anything until you talk to your doctor. The waiting game is insane.

Oh c'mon pictures and load. I am running out of things to talk about. Go figure. Ok they are done and so am I...enjoy! Have a great evening/day/week

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Great pictures Christina! :) So cute with the kids. Love the one in the hamock. :) Oh and baby Liberty is beautiful. :)

So sorry to hear about the printer! :( It doesn't sound good. My scanner part of my printer has died and I miss it!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Christina, and yes i do see a family resemblance but your Dad is handsome!! No doubt about it your family makes pretty babies.

Do you have an 800 # for your printer? If your printer has a key pad for faxing, they may be able to talk you through a reset. Just a thought. Meantime, no unlicensed hands on the equipment w/o your permission! Like you had a say!

Love ya, Aunt Bev

Nelson Family of 7 said...

First-you have to tell me where that splash pad is and is it free? Rachel is having a hard time because she has no money and can't do anything for Brenda's birthday so if she could take her to something like that it would make her feel like she did something! Second, I have a printer/scanner/picture maker and it doesn't work either-it is frustrating because it was so expensive and I have to now go buy a copy machine so I can have it to make copies for the kids school work. We have all new ink in it too and it says there is none! Third-I go to slide.com and make my slideshows there and then just copy and paste them on my posts here! Good luck with it! Glad you still got an A on the test and good luck with the other tests coming up! Hope you sold lots at the garage sale!