Friday, July 03, 2009

Summer Semester

So, I started my summer semester monday. Monday was an easy day. two classes, in under 10 mins. The professor was at a conference in San Antonio and so he sent someone else in to take roll and that was the end of it. Wednesday was my first actual class. I go from 8am until 2pm. A long day. two classes, 3 hours each. No breaks, because the prof lets us out early (that time will be used for getting a bite to eat or something). The classes are interesting (Advertising and Principles of Marketing) but it is going to be a busy semester. I will have a project due pretty much every week, as well as a test over several chapters. Fun. But, the teacher seems great and hopefully I will do well.

We have been staying at my Uncle's this week because he got the court papers for his foreclosure/eviction. He is losing his house and we are helping him get things packed up, cleaned up, sorted, etc. We will be having a yard sale to sell the things he will no longer need. He has known he would lose the house, but when the papers actually came, it was pretty emotional. He got a 5th wheel and intends to stay in that for the time being. His job is touch and go and so he doesn't want to commit to rent or anything because he doesn't know how much work is in the future. He had always said he wanted to retire, buy a camper and live in it, move around, see things. Well, it isn't quite as he had planned, but still, part of his plan is in action. Timing just off a bit.

Nothing too exciting really to talk about. Makenneh still mouthy and bratty as ever. She stayed two nights with my cousin, Shannon, then a few nights with my sister. I enjoyed the break. She was very helpful at Carrie's. She helped with Liberty and Carrie was able to get things done. She enjoyed having her. She was willing to keep her longer, but they had stopped here and Makenneh got playing with the neighbor kids and didn't want to go.

Well, I am off here to finish up things and get back down to my uncle's. I also have to work out our holiday weekend plans. I know we are having a cookout, then my sister wants to go to the local park for the family fun day tomorrow and then we will go to Aunt Helen's house (the house is still in the family) and watch fireworks from the front lawn.

No comments: