Thursday, August 06, 2009

What a sight!


So, not last night but the night before, a local business caught on fire. Not just any business, though....an oil business. So, it created thick dark smoke and it billowed like no other. We could see the smoke from our house, which is probably 12 or so miles away. They evacuated quite an area due to the chemical fumes in the air. They evacuated the south side of the road my sister lives on but she had already left to come here before that. She didn't want to stick around with a baby. Carrie, Ralph and Libby stayed the night here. We went for a drive to get some pics of the fire. This picture was taken from the plaza, still a mile or so away.

This next picture was taken from the street parallel to the street the business was one...so it's kinda behind the business. That was one of the many explosions from all the barrels of explosive materials.

When in the area, you could smell all kinds of stuff burning. it was awful.

Today I took both kids to the doc...makenneh got the all clear on her arm..it's healing well. Seb is all set for school. And me, I am counting days down until Jeremy gets home. I can't wait. I never realized how much I count on him for day to day stuff....I do now, though. He took his mom's camera with him and when he gets home we will have to upload the pics and I will share them. Who knows what ones he took bc he is a guy afterall. LOL. he did say that the only ones he took on the way down were of TN...go figure!

The kids have spent the days bickering and arguing. It is old news. Yesterday I was fit to be tied. I had had enough. I have repeatedly told them that if they have nothing nice to say, to say nothing at all. And they argue over the most piddly stuff....you know how it is. Makenneh wants to manage Sebastian, she is constantly mothering him. Gah!

So, bunco is on my bday this month. It kinda stinks. On one hand, I don't want to spend my bday night playing bunco, especially not after Jeremy has been gone 8 days. But, on the other hand, it's not like there is anything too exciting to do instead, as we are broke. I figure I will decide when the time comes.

Well, im babbling and killing time...gonna get off here and finish reading my book.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I forgot to comment! :)

Isn't it amazing how far away you can see smoke like that?

Glad Makenneh's arm is better. Just in time for the heat!

Funny how it seems like they do nothing and we miss what they do do, when they are gone! ;) I think part of it is just friend thing.

Have a Happy Birthday! :)