Sunday, August 02, 2009

His Opportunity

We got to Jeremy's Aunt Teresa's today to help them finish the loading of their moving truck and then to pack up the stuff they were giving us. Well, as I worked with his Aunt in one of the bedrooms, she casually mentioned that "if Jeremy didn't have so much on his plate, Jeff was going to ask him to ride along with him and we would fly him back." I left it at that, because she talked as if it was already decided against. A little bit later, Jeremy asked me to come outside with him. He tells me that Jeff asked him to go to FlA with them....would I mind? I commend my husband because inside he felt like a little child, so excited for this opportunity. He has never flown on a plane nor has he ever been to Fla. I feigned a whine about how I would miss him...to which he says, "If you don't want me to go, I won't. It's up to you." And he said it with such sincerity. I mentioned that he has never been to fla or on a plane and his face just lit up. I told him I wouldn't mind but that I would miss him terribly. So, in a matter of moments, it was decided that Jeremy would take this opportunity to do something he has never done before. He is so excited. I am excited for him. The crummy part comes up....we go home so he can pack. When we return, the flight home has been booked. IT started out that he would be there til Thurs or Fri. THe flight home is booked for Sunday....He boards at 8pm and I pick him up at 130am with him having a layover on the way. I have school on Monday....bright and early, 8am. SO, I will have to pick him up from the airport at 130am, by myself, I am sure given the hour, and then, I will not be able to just come home and fall asleep after being apart from him for 8 days. That Monday is going to be rough. Oh well. The week is going to be rough...for me, and probably for the kids. But, we will get through and I will be busy helping my uncle Ken finish his packing and moving. Things ran much later today at his aunts that anticipated and so, you guessed it,t hey aren't leaving til about 4am, after they get a few winks of sleep. ALthough, where they will sleep is beyond me, because everything is packed. There are some pillows and such left and the furniture because it is staying, so they have a couch, loveseat and chair to sleep people in. There are 3 adults and one child. ANd hardwood floors. THe bedrooms do have carpet, so that might work for someone. AT any rate, please pray for a safe trip all the way around.

I have tons of stuff that they gave to us....more to unpack in the morning. That in itself will keep me busy, mix with school and I won't have much time for thinking. Speaking of school, I have to do a radio ad. JEremy was going to help me with this because I am not as electronics savvy. Typically, the teacher has us use the equipment at the school. However, we are at an extension campus, without audio equipment and the main campus bosses are being grumps about loaning it out to the extension site. Because time is running out, the teacher told us we could record them at home and bring them in...on any mechanism that would make it possible for him to listen to the commercial. I am trying to think of the best, simplest way to do this. I don't want to overcomplicate it. It is due Wed. The good news is, I have the script written, know which song I want to have as the lead in/out, background. ALl I have to do is get it either on a disc or something for him to listen to. Then, my next project is a tv ad...it will be for the same thing as the radio ad, just add in graphics. The semester is winding down, I have 4.0 in both classes, with points to spare.

Well, I am babbling and overtired, so I am going to get off here and finish uploading pics I emailed myself from my mother in law's computer (that I lost when my old pc crashed). I may share them one of these days...pics of my sweet babies, when they were babies!

3 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Praying he has a safe trip and you guys deal well while he is gone! Good luck with the school projects!

Julie Q said...

If you need help getting your ad to a CD, just email and ask. Hanna is good with stuff like that. :) Good luck with all of that.

You are so sweet to let Jeremy go on a little adventure! :) I do hope they have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Good deal for Jeremy! Hope you have fun too! About your ad, ask your dad or call Uncle John and find out if the Church could help. They record the sermons each week on cd's. They may not want or be able to but it's worth a try.

Love ya, Aunt Bev