Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I want my nuts!!!!!!


Yes, that's what my daughter told me today. Get your heads out of the gutter people. LOL. She asked for nuts the other day. She loves all kinds...cashews, peanuts, pistachios....Anyway, when i went to the store yesterday, I bought her some. Well, they were gone this afternoon and she comes up to me, Mom, i want my nuts. I had to laugh hysterically. She is getting so good at forming complete sentences now and it was just funny. It wasn't funny however when i had to tell her that they were all gone. She was a bit upset. But, she quickly forgot about the nuts and went about her business. This is the same kid who got extremely mad when i wouldn't buy her an $8 bag of pistachios a few weeks ago. At Christmastime, my dad had bought some and she just loved them. So now when she sees the pistachio stand at our grocery store, she thinks she needs that giant bag. I am sorry lil darlin, but momma is not spending $8 on a bag of nuts for myself, much less for my little girl.

Well, the sickies are still going on around here. In the middle of the night, jeremy woke up with a fever. He was miserable. When it was time for him to get up for work he didn't even want to get out of bed. He did because even if he were to call in, he has to be up to let his driver know. So, he sat here, contemplating calling in, wincing in pain from body aches. I told him it wouldn't matter to me, as I understand he doesn't feel good and my friend Tiffney just had this stuff (still does) and its from these snotty nosed little kids of ours. She was miserable and so i know that its not just hubby being a baby. LOL. But, anyway, he didn't want to call in because it's Valentine's Day and he didn't want his employer to think that was the real reason. So, he got himself ready and went to work, where he is probably sharing his germs with the other 2 guys he is working with at this building. Which means, the bug is gonna go round and round there too probably. But, what can you do? Can't really afford the time off not to mention, employers don't like when you take time off. I really expected him to call for me to come pick him up. But he has stuck it out and should be home in an hour. I don't know what tomorrow will bring as he probably should have been home resting today to try to get over it. Not to mention, he is at work with a fever (it gets quite high with this sickness) and no meds to take to bring it down.


No comments: