Tuesday, February 21, 2006

WHen will it end.......


Well, we are still dealing with viruses! Nasty coughs, runny noses, sore throats, sounds of misery, red eyes....Yesterday took the kids to the doc and got some antibiotics though, bc this is 2 weeks that they have been sick and no improvement, and they both have red throats and have been exposes to strep throat. UGH!

I bought popsicles yesterday for Makenneh bc i know they help the throat. Well, today, i gave her one and told her she could let brother have a lick. She offered it to him and he tried to grab the popsicle with his hands, so she said, no brother, like this...and showed him how to lick it. It was just so cute. She is so wonderful with her baby brother. I want to bottle it all up and save it for later when they are fighting over every little thing. Mom, he looked at me funny....Mom, she won't let me have____, Mom, Mom, MOMMMMMMM!!!!! LOL. Then, I could retreat to the quiet serenity of my bedroom and uncork the loving innocence of these early years. I could breath it in and remember what it was like when they got along and enjoyed each others company. Makenneh teaching him things, him laughing in her presence....aaahhhhhh!

I went to nickjr.com last night and found some great ideas for their bday party. I finally decided to do it together. I wanted to do them seperate so that Sebastian could have his own special 1st bday celebration...but its just not feasable when their bdays are 2 weeks apart. I decided, with some help from the ladies on my messageboard, to go with a Dora/boots/Diego theme. I wanted Dora for Makenneh, bc she loves Dora, but I didn't know how to pull off decor for both bdays. So, we will do Dora, Diego, Boots and tie in First Birthday decor for Sebastian. Perfect! I was stewing over bday ideas for some time now. I didn't know if i should hav e a big bday party for SEbastian, and just parents, grandparents, and our siblings for Makenneh or what. But, here is the happy medium! I think im going to do a Fiesta type party, with Mexican style food. I feel so much better now that I have a plan down. Of course, next obstacle is finding a place to have it, bc April can bring any and all kinds of weather here in the land of MI.

No comments: