Sunday, November 04, 2007

28 years

years ago..my parents were married. Today was their anniversary. Mom had to work this morning, then they went to my brother's to watch the Michigan/Michigan State football game. And I am happy to say, Michigan won! GO BLUE! I stopped over before the game to take them their gift. I got them fillet mignon. Yes, very expensive, but when you are buying it for 2 ppl, versus a family...it's not too bad. and it was a gift...With that, I got them a small little cake from the bakery, King Hawaiian rolls (which mom loves) and red potatoes. In the card, I wrote that they are to enjoy the meal in its entirety...from cooking it to cleaning up. i worded it nicer than that..but the point being, to take the time to enjoy each other, work together, savor the experience...lol. They loved the gift....especially seems how fillet mignon is not something they would ever splurge on for themselves. They plan to have that for dinner tomorrow. Hopefully it is a relaxing, peaceful, "tender" experience.

I gave my presentation on my multicultural house thursday. It was so fun to learn all the facts about past generations in my family. I loved it. Hopefully we will know our grades on it, this thursday. I am sure i did well. Our teacher may not be back to class though. He informed us thursday that he is going in on monday for tests on his heart. Depending on what they find out, he may or may not be back. If it's just minor blockage (Or nothing at all wrong), he will return. however, if it is major blockage/requires surgery, they will be bringing in a new instructor. I hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully it's something simple and he is able to return soon.
*I am currently trying to upload a picture or two to share. I know I have promised them several times...but it really takes forever and two days to upload them on here. I get frustrated and give up, usually. But the picture i am trying this time is makenneh getting on the bus, her first day. Depending on how fast it loads, i may even try another one. In the meantime, I will have to think of more things to ramble about. Because, if i sit and wait for it to upload, i will go crazy.

I have to do an informative speech for my public speaking class next week. I couldn't think of a topic for the longest times. I mean, we get to choose anything..and well, that leaves a lot of options. Finally, tonight, while sitting here thinking, i decided to do it on postpartum depression. I mean, i know all about that stuff, first hand, unfortunately. The outline is due monday. I have trouble starting with an outline. I don't understand how you can outline from thin air. I must write the paper first, then go back and do the outline. So, i managed to write a very decent rough draft in just a couple hours. I am quite pleased with myself. but, i had to do it that way in order to get the outline. it's just easier for me. (NOTE: picture still hasn't uploaded).

oh, i can't believe i didn't mention this already...we got a new kitty yesterday. Her name is snickers and she is just around 8 weeks old. We got her from my aunt michelle. She is calico and tiny and sweet. lol. I had to do it, because the other night, makenneh got a piece of paper and wanted me to draw people. I did. She asked who they were, i said, who do you want them to be? She said, no, who are they. So i said, "you and buddy". She said, well can you draw you and daddy and my kitty so i can remember him. i wanted to bawl. it was so sad. Please keep in mind that i am not an artist. i can't draw a straight line with a ruler. But i drew me and daddy and kitty. then, she wanted me to write about her kitty being gone. So, i wrote a short story and read it to her. She took the paper and held her to her lips and when i looked over at her, she had tears running down her cheeks. i swear silent tears are the worst. I held her and stroked her hair and let her cry, as i cried with her. Seeing the hurt in my little girl just makes me all the more mad at that neighbor lady who is superstitious so made up crap to complain about to get rid of the black cat. I hate her right now. I know it's a strong word. But, damnit, i know that cat wasn't causing her any problems. He has never caused any problems. The damn thing wouldn't even bother food i would leave sitting on counter. He was the most amazing cat i have ever had/seen/known. Before we moved to this Hell, we would go for walks and he would follow us all the way. NEVer going too far. he would run ahead, then wait for us. run ahead and wait. it was crazy. And he loved to be petted and held and cuddled. every day he would come beg some lovin. We will never be able to "replace" him bc i truly believe he was a one of a kind kitty. I did call the animal shelter, but heard on the recording that it's $25 fee and $9/day for animals picked up. So, even if he was there, we don't have that kind of money to get him back. So, i decided it was best to not even know if he was there. Not to mention, i wouldn't want to hear that he was euthanized. OK, i don't want to think about this anymore. I am sad.
Here is the pic. Not the one i thought it was, though. Oh well. I did make it small, bc i figured it would load faster. It is late now, but maybe tomorrow i will try another one.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

So sad about your black kitty. I either missed it, or forgot you lost him. :( And wow to how good he was! I never thought a cat would do that.

I hope Makenneh loves the new kitty.

If I'm downloading something or even uploading :) I will go and do some stuff while the computer is busy. Take a shower or whatever. :)

Have a great Sunday! It is lovely Fall weather, enjoy the day!