Saturday, November 24, 2007

Snow has arrived

It started Wednesday evening. Of course, we were on our way up to my gma's and they got quite a bit of it. So much so that dad was out early Turkey Day morning, shoveling.

Our Thanksgiving was nice. Lots of good food and family. What more can one ask for? We left Thursday night and arrived home around midnight. We had decided to go out shopping before the crack of dawn, so I got to sleep in til about 8. Mom woke up sick early Friday morning, so it was just sis and I going shopping. We headed out around 9. We just went to Meijer, Kmart and Walmart. I did manage to get some Christmas shopping done. I also picked 3 ornaments off the "giving tree" at our college. Each ornament had one gift item listed. These gifts are for the local community services Christmas program, which provides Christmas gifts for families in need. Seems how the gifts were rather small, I took 3. I know that we aren't in a great financial situation ourselves, but I firmly believe that every child should have something under the tree. And I can't help but do my small part. I bought a baby doll (and got Makenneh the same one), a Barbie (and again, got MAkenneh the same one) and Hi-Ho Cherry-O game. Those were the items listed on each of the ornaments I chose. One thing I look forward to when I start my career, is being able to do more to help families out during the holidays. It breaks my heart to think of the families out there who can't afford Christmas.

I plan to make some homemade body scrub to give as gifts this year. I came across a recipe to make it at home and I think it would be a cute, fun and inexpensive gift. My sister also printed off all kinds homemade gift ideas. We plan to get together a couple different days and make all kinds of things.

My car is getting a much needed front end alignment as I type. Jeremy got up and took it in to get that taken care of today. That will really help and hopefully the car won't chew through tires so much. I also got two of the 3 needed ink cartridges for my printer. Walmart was out of the yellow I need, bu i was able to get the magenta and blue and I already had the black. I hope that my printer will be up and running very soon! It'll be so nice to be able to type of my school work at home, instead of having to run all over to get it done. Save time and gas. Oh and I got a new pair of shoes. Nothing fancy, but they were needed. My old ones were trashed. In fact, that's right where they went, in the garbage.

Well, I need to clean the house and practice my speech for Monday. Enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Jeremy get his bonus? :) I hope it was all you had hoped for. It's a great time of year to get one. I wish Ken would get one. Heck, I'd take a free turkey even!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. It snowed in Alpena too. Not here though! Green grass. Ah it's good to be home. :)