Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A+

That's what I got on my informative speech, tonight. I am so proud. I am not proud of the 3.0 I received in my multicultural communications class. It isn't a permanent grade..it's just the mid-term, but i am not happy. So far, (did i post this already, im feeling a sense of deja vu) I have a 4. in Math and English...no grade posted yet for my communications class (aka public speaking). I should have a 3.5 or higher. woohoo.

With the informative speech out of the way, our next speech up is a celbratory speech...Yeah, i left out the E and im too lazy to go fix it. Anyway, it can be a eulogy, acceptance speech, speech to honor someone, dedication, etc....Not sure what I am going to do yet, but dang, he told us about this at the very end of class and it's due monday. At least it should be a fairly easy one, as no research is needed and it only has to be 1.5-2mins in length. He is having to shave speeches down because we are running out of time.

Both kids are sick with colds. They seem fine during the day except for occasional coughs. ANd so far tonight, they are both quiet. I've mostly been letting nature run it's course. I only give medicine if the coughing gets out of hand.

Last night, I took my sister out to Olive Garden for her bday. No, i didn't have the money to do it, but she has been so down in the dumps lately and after reading her myspace bulletin about going out alone friday night...i had to do something. After reading her bulletin, i sobbed. I felt like such a loser. I should've called her and invited her out or something...but her bday wasn't until Sunday and I knew she had a bachellorette party this weekend for a friend. Oh well, we had a good time last night. She has been sooo gloomy lately. They have her husband's elderly aunt living with them. Well, Aunt Helen is no longer able to do anything for herself and she can't be left alone. All the siblings promised to help and blah blah..but guess who's left holding the bags? It's taking it's toll. Carrie has always been a busy body, going places, doing things, very social, etc. now, she is confined to home and can't leave most of the time. It is rather sad. She did finally put her foot down and told the one brother that she and ralph are going up north for thanksgiving and they will need to figure out who is sitting/caring for Aunt Helen for those days. They are newlyweds and can't even do anything together. For almost any family function, one has to stay home to be with her and that means Carrie does a lot of things by herself. She has been spending a lot of time crying and just looks/acts sad and miserable. I'm honestly worried about her. She used to be so full of life and energy and just had a fire about her. it seems to have all died out.

Jeremy gets his bonus (profit sharing) check the day before Thanksgiving. I can't wait. That covers Christmas and this year, it should be a hefty sum. So, hopefully we can put some money in savings and get straightened out. I hope. I pray. Something has to give. I am working so hard to try to make a better life for us, but heck, we can't even really afford the gas money for me to get back and forth to school. Not to mention the constant nickeling and diming from the car. Must push forward. Remember, I plan to look back on all of this some day and laugh.

I just had to write a paper in English on my philosophy of life. Hah. He wanted it to be a page and a half. how can you condense such a deep topic into a page and a half? So many thoughts go into my philosophy on life. So much is important to me and life is so complex. But, i managed to shave it down to a measely page and a half. And I finally decided what my research paper for this class would be on...postpartum depression. That was the topic of my informative speech and i figured it would work well for the research paper, bc he wanted us to choose something that would relate to our career choices. That relates, I have already done some research(need to be a bit more extensive for this paper, though) and i have plenty of experience on the topic. Whew, that's out of the way, now.

School sure is keeping me busy. The next item up is my World Religion Report. We were supposed to do them last thursday, but ran out of time. So, we are doing them this thursday. I am done with mine, obviously, but was thinking that with the extra week, I would do some sort of visual aid. Let's see if i have time. i want to, bc i really want to get that stupid 3.0 up to at least a 3.5. I have never been so darn competitive about something in my life. geesh. Tomorrow, I meet with my partner for our Culture Project. I have this tiny little feeling that I will be stuck doing most of the work. For one, this girl has poor grammar. I will certainly not put my name on a paper that includes all kinds of punctuation errors, spelling mistakes and just all out poor grammar usage. Blah. i have read a few of her papers, that she has turned in, mind you...and wow, they are scary. I am quite sure that the average 8th grader could produce better work. So, yeah, I will surely be left to carry most of that load. But, thanks to Helen, the work load won't be nearly as bad as it could have been. You are sooo appreciated!

Well, it's time to wrap this up..i need sleep some time!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Good for you on the grades! It will all be worth it in the end. You keep on pushing and when it gets harder, push harder! (How's that for cheerleading?) :)

My children strive for 4.0s as well. It's not a bad goal. But like I tell them a 3.0 is still a good grade and above average.

Sorry to hear the kids are sick.:( That does tend to make everything a bit more difficult.

Your poor sister. So much on her shoulders. It is very difficult to take care of an elderly relative. So easy for others to forget about their loved ones when they are out of sight. She is an angel for taking care of their Aunt.

And woo hoo for the bonus sharing! I wish Ken's work would do that. I'd love a bonus, even a small one, around the holidays. I hope it is all you hope for/need!! :)