Saturday, April 05, 2008

Daddy/Daughter time

Makenneh and Jeremy are out fishing right now. She was so excited to go. She told us she was going to catch a big, pretty fish for us to eat. I didn't have the heart to tell her I am not interested in eating fish. The only time i eat it is when it's at a restaurant, deep fried, beer battered, cod. Other than that, I am not at all interested.

I went for an appeal on the student loan denial. I had to meet with the director of financial aid. guess what? He overturned the decision and approved my loan! I walked out of there feeling so damn proud! I then went next door to advising and spoke with an advisor (who also happens to be one of my instructors) and I got some info on my career choices and laying out a plan for me. I have to get 62 credits, I have 23, not counting what I earn this semester. I have all but 2 of my general education requirements and now I just have to focus on my social work classes.

Well, mom and I are getting ready to head to the store. Just wanted to stop in. I get too busy these days.

It's supposed to be 60 degrees today! MMMMM warmer weather! Hope everyone is enjoying spring!

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

A perfectly, beautiful day!

Yay for you! :)

The other me said...

SO glad you won your appeal too! Good to see you back online, welcome back, how's life at mom's going? Has Jeremy had any luck finding a job yet?