Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I'm back

And it feels good. Although, I must say that I did quite well without the Internet and wasn't overly anxious to get it back. We had a struggle getting it hooked up. I have complained before about this phone company and you can add this to my laundry list of complaints regarding centurytel. They suck to be blunt about it. The Internet was supposed to be on Friday. Yeah, well come Friday, we didn't even have a phone line anymore. Finally, in the afternoon, i use my cell to call the house phone and low and behold some stranger answers the phone. They crossed our phone lines and the ppl that had this phone number last were getting our service. I had to go rounds with the phone co. bc we needed the line back. We were dealing with a medical situation and were awaiting a very important phone call. I will get to that in a min. I'm trying to avoid chasing rabbits, with so much to say. Anyway, finally, on Saturday they got the phone turned back on. Only after I repeatedly insisted that it must be restored and why must they make it so damn difficult. But, still we had no Internet. So, i call them back again and of course, they can't have someone out til Monday by 5pm. This is Saturday evening that i call. Oh well, no big deal, other than it is frustrating that they can't get this right. Well, Monday comes and goes and still no Internet. I call back this morning and let them know that i am less than pleased with this whole fiasco. Needless to say, the net was on this afternoon. WOOHOO. I still think i might call them and request a discount for this month's services because the whole thing stinks, horribly.

Ok, back to the medical situation. First off, dad was home sick almost all week following Easter. Well, he has always had trouble with low blood sugar and if he eats a lot of sugar in a short amount of time, he becomes very ill and ornery. Mom wrote it off as an abundance of goodies over the holiday. Well, Friday, dad decides he has to go to work. (he did make it in one day earlier in the week). He gets in car to leave for work, realizes the trash needed to go out. I guess he was on the road already and turned around to come home and do that. Well, he got the trash out and then go to the car just in time to pass out. The car was still running. He came to at one point and realized that he needed to shut the car off. He shut it off and was back out. Well, he doesn't want smoking in the house, but sometimes, while he is at work, my mom will smoke inside. Jeremy was outside smoking and comes in the house to find my mom smoking inside. It's 6am. He asks her what she is doing, telling her my dad was still home. She didn't believe him bc his lunch pail was gone from its place on the counter. Jeremy told her to come see that the car was still in driveway. She say the car and shut the door and just wanted to collapse. She was so afraid to go to the car because she had no idea what she would find. Well, she gets to the car and opens the door and it startles my dad. He made it inside but not without stumbling all over. He refused to let her call and ambulance, insisting that he didn't "pass out", just dozed off. Well, call it what you want, but he typically leaves for work around 430am so he was out in the car, sleeping/passed out, for the better portion of an hour and a half. She calls the doctor and leaves a message on his answering service. Normally he calls right back. However, he wasn't returning the call. All this took place while I was still sleeping. I get up, hear what has been going on and i break down crying. I couldn't help but think how close I was to losing my dad. I get my wits about me and tell mom to call again bc i know the doctor would have called by now. Finally get through and they get cut off. This happened about 3 times. Finally was told to bring him in. His sugar was 99...so good. Doc ordered a stress test STAT and that's the phone call we were waiting on. Shortly after that phone call to doc is when the phone went out. no service at all. Anyway, dad was put on low salt diet and told to take it easy until all the test results come back. He also put dad out of work for 2 weeks. He is going stir crazy. He went for the blood work yesterday and stress test today. They told him the test seemed to go well. Hard to say what the problem is. Mom is wondering if it isn't from his sleep apnea. He quits breathing about every 3 breaths through the night. Yes, he breaths 3 times, stops, breaths 3 times, stops. Crazy.

So, that's that excitement. Sunday we had the family bday party. It went well. They devoured the food and the kids got tons of presents...it was crazy. I used my aunt's camera to take pics bc mine just plain sucks and isn't worth bothering with. I will have to see about uploading them.

In two weeks, we are having Makenneh's bday party for her friends/kids at the pizza fun place. I called and reserved some tables and we are good to go. I'm kinda excited. We will do something similar for Sebastian's 5th bday.

Makenneh is on spring break this week. Nice to have a break from getting her to and from bus stop.

Otherwise, everything is going a lot smoother here than i had thought it would. The kids transitioned nicely, they are going to bed quite easily and have been pretty well behaved. Jeremy and I are surviving..lol.

Not much in way of job. They are building a new store up here...discount home depot if you will...lol. Jeremy is supposed to ride with my aunt and maybe mom up to apply. The crazy thing is you have to drive to their other store, which is about an hour away, to apply. They should do things like walmart did. Was much easier.

I am so not worrying about things. I have actually been doing well with my stress level. I just have a strange feeling of calmness. I do get irritable at times...but not stressed about the big picture. God has a plan. I have faith that it will all work out.

I go Friday to dispute my loan denial. They denied me bc of those 2 semesters 9 yrs ago....i appealed bc i had completed a recent semester where i met all the requirements. they denied it saying the past semester didn't count. I argued that if a past semester doesn't count, how am i ever to have a semester count..as they are all "past" if they happened prior to me applying. So, now i get to appeal the decision to the head honcho in the financial aid department. I go on Friday to do that. I have a good feeling and hopefully he understands where I am coming from, sees my accomplishments and my determination and decides to overturn the decision.

Well, i have typed quite a bit. Sure there is plenty more to type, but i have gotten into the habit of going to bed earlier than i used to. Mostly out of sheer boredom, I'm sure. LOL.

Glad to be back...see ya around

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Great to "hear" from you!

That is scary about your Dad. I do hope he is ok.

I'm glad it's going well. Sometimes, the things I dread the most, turn out to be good for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.