Friday, April 18, 2008

Semester wind down

Two weeks left this semester. I won't be going for spring or summer, this year, so I will be done until fall. I already have my financial aid filed, so that is out of the way. I am a bit more than half done with my final paper for my philosophy of ethics class. This class has been quite different. We only had two assignments the entire semester, each worth 25% of our grade. The last one is due on Monday. I hate writing these things, because he really has given us no instruction as to how to write them, just told us to write them. And writing a philosophy paper is different than writing a regular English paper. Hopefully I will do good on it.

Last night Sebastian woke up crying and couldn't go back to sleep. When he did finally nod off, he would have random fits of crying throughout the night. I slept with him, hoping it would help. I don't know what was wrong with him. He seemed to have a stuffy nose and i think it was making it difficult for him to lay down and breath. So, he would wake up, sit up, move all around, trying to get comfortable and still be able to breath. He did a tad better after I put a second pillow under his head. I hope tonight is much better.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but it has been a challenge to cook dinner around here. Well, the cooking part isn't so bad. It's the planning dinner that sucks. My dad is on a low fat, low sodium, low carb, low sugar diet. Nothing in a box or out of a can. Nothing just quick and easy..well I have found a couple recipes that work that are quick and easy. but, it forces me to think outside the regular stuff...spaghetti, unless I make it homemade, is out...no Ragu here. To add to the problem, dad doesn't like repetition. He likes things to be mixed up. And he has always been more a meat and potato guy. Do not make him a meal sans meat. lol. Tonight I made chicken fajita salad. WE had some chicken fajita meat in freezer, i cooked it up and put it atop a bunch of leafy greens. He wasn't overly impressed. His exact words were, "this is dinner?" lol. Yep, pa, that is dinner. They are going up north this weekend, so you can bet we are gonna have us some pizza, or tacos or something that we can't normally have. Just not sure what yet. ah, actually, i just remembered Jeremy wanted hamburgers on the grill. So, there it is.

Yeah, my life is quite mundane. OH, but i have a picture to share. This is the kinda picture you save to put on their picture board for their graduation open house!!! the kind that embarrass them to tears! HE had just gotten out of the shower and the phone rang. It was for me. He really wanted to talk. He was my shadow, reaching out for the phone, repeating, I wanna talk. So, i handed him the phone and he goes off, wandering around the house, talking on the phone, without a stitch of clothing. I had to snap a picture!
Nevermind the clutter in the background...that would be the mountain of shoes and boots and flip flops and such that rest near the door. Along with the blue bench my dad made that has become a catch all....lol.

Anyway, on that note, I am gonna go. Will be ready for bed soon!

have a great weekend

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I wish Amanda could take the spring/summer semesters off. Enjoy your time off though. :) Good luck with your paper!

Poor Seb, sounds like allergies. The trees have us all stuffed up. Perhaps try giving him some benedryl at night time and nap time. It is cheap in the Walmart brand. And it helps them pass out faster. :) And sleep better too.

My Dad likes to have baked potatoes all the time! It makes us a bit crazy. Would your Dad eat a chicken taco? I cut up chicken breast into cubes and fry it with just a little olive oil. I do add flavor, but you don't have to. Then they add what they want to them on soft shells.

Enjoy your weekend!! :)