Monday, January 12, 2009

New Semester

Tomorrow is the first day of my next semester. I am excited and nervous all in one. Two reasons for the nervousness. 1-I am taking my very first Open entry/Open Exit (aka oe2). That means there are no set class times, I can work at my own pace, when it fits my schedule. It's a computer class..entry level, basic stuff, really. It does require that I attend an orientation and I had to choose from a list of available dates/times. I will probably go on Wednesday. The Oe2 lab is in a building that I have never entered before, so that has me a tad nervous too...but not too much. 2-I start my internship this semester. My class for that is on Wednesday and I will be assigned a place to intern. I am excited, but it is also a new experience and I will be putting to use the things I have learned thus far. I hope I get a good placement and enjoy the job.

We had bunco tonight and nothing exciting there. I didn't win anything. That's usually the case. WE have had a problem the past several months with girls nad their cell phones. TEll me why it is that people cannot enjoy the company of those in their physical presence and must instead use the phone to talk/text all the time?! THis game is kinda time sensitive. You have to move at a fast pace, it can cost you the game if you don't. HOwever, we have a few people who want to try to play teh game and chat with their fanclub. I do not think that anyone is so important in the world that they must have a phone glued to their ear or fingertips at all times. It is 4 hours, once a month. We asked tonight that they keep the phones on vibrate or off and in their pocket. Of course, nobody really listened. Ugh. To anyone out there who may be reading this: IF you are one of those cell phone junkies, please realize how utterly rude you are when you do this. Put the damn phone down and show some respect for those in your presence. The calls can wait. YOu will eventually find yourself all alone with only your phone....for nobody is going to want to hang out with you, visit you or be in your presence because being ignored for the phone is not a fun time.

ANyway, that's all Ihave to say tonight..I need to get ready for bed. Good Night

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

I am so excited about you and this semester! I am praying you get a great place to intern and have so much fun! Sorry people are not willing to put the phones away! I know a few people like that! I will be looking for updates on how your first day went!

Julie Q said...

Good luck with your placement! I hope you get in somewhere you enjoy. :)

Cell phones can be sooo good and such a pain!

Perhaps those that play should be told to shut their phones off? If an emergency arises they could call a land line? I am doubting people could turn off their lifelines though! ;)