Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Great Retreat

We just got home from my grandma's and got the suitcases unpacked. It was a great weekend. The kids had a blast...so much so that they both slept almost the entire way home. I will update more later....I have to get laundry going and run to the store for cat litter and dinner.

Ok family is fed and kids are in their beds. Not sleeping though! Despite being so tired. Overtired, I'm sure.

It definitely was nice to get away for a weekend, have a change of scenery and change of pace. And of course, the family, food and fun just adds to the benefits. We had big breakfasts in the mornings, cooked hot dogs on open fire, slept in my brother's pop-up camper with him, Sara, and Kaden, and just had a great time. The kids were quite well behaved. That's not to say they weren't "kids" but they did good and I am so happy. I was sure to tell them that tonight. On the way home, we drove around Houghton and Higgins Lakes, and the kids loved seeing the water. If I could have found the public access, we would have gotten out and let them dip their toes in (it was too cold for anything more). But, I realized that I hadn't been to either lake since I was kid. Yeah, safe to say I don't remember how to get there. It was still nice to take a leisure drive with a beautiful view of the water out our windows.

Makenneh has 5 days of school left. I can't believe the year is already over. Next Monday, she will graduate Kindergarten. How crazy. I am very proud of her and how much she has learned and matured over the year. I hope she continues to do well and keep up the great behavior at school.

Well, I am still doing laundry and have other sites to visit, so have a great night!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Ah, don't you hate that? Travel home, so much to do, and then you have to go to the store!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! It is great to get away every so often isn't it?