Tuesday, September 08, 2009

1st Day of 1st Grade

Makenneh went back to school today. This year she will be going all day. I can't believe how fast the summer flew by. Where did the time go? Anyway, she went to bed easily last night and then was easy to wake up this morning. She was so excited and more than ready to go back to school. I was so thankful for that. WE had gone up to the school yesterday to check the class list and so we knew that several of her friends from last year would be in her class again this year. Plus, my sister-in-law's little sister, Keely is in Makenneh's class as well. So, she has several kids she knows to start the year off. How nice! Jeremy insisted on waking her this morning about 20 mins before I would have. She got a little antsy after she was completely ready and then just sitting and waiting for the bus. And of course, the bus came about 15 mins late. I was getting antsy by then as well. But, the bus finally arrived and Makenneh was all smiles as she boarded! I just love it. I hope that she does well this year. I have to admit that I am sort of looking forward to the full days. I am going to miss her, but I won't miss the attitude she likes to dish out. Hopefully she doesn't start dishing that up at school!

I made a slideshow of the pictures from this morning, waiting for the bus. I will post that when I am done (mostly because it takes a while to upload the pics).

So, our DBA is TBA. Mom and I headed to the courthouse this morning to file the DBA only to be told that the name we wanted is in use. We could have added to the name to separate it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still too close. And the list on the DBA site doesn't specify what type of business it is. Sooo, we stepped out of line, decided to go to the car and brainstorm. We created a list of about 6 names and headed back in....the first couple choices aren't available. finally, i asked if there was a site we could search from home and she gave us that info. We decided to come home and do the searching ourselves to save them time. We found one we like and that's available. We will go down in the morning to file it. In the meantime, I created the email address and started working on our website. I don't want to announce the name until we have the paper filed and it's a done deal. It can get tricky coming up with a name that isn't already taken. Carrie came over and we spent most of the day working on business stuff. It is going to be a lot of work but that work will have great payoffs!

I start classes tomorrow night. I go monday and wednesday nights, then tues and thurs midday. I will also have 150 hours of internship to complete at a place my instructor chooses for me. I am hoping he makes a good choice for me. I am kinda nervous about my schedule. I mentioned this to Jeremy and his reply? You go through this before every semester and every time, you do great! Yeah yeah, but i still fret a bit. Next semester will be all business classes except my one social work class for my internship. I wish I would have taken business courses this time. Too late now without a huge hassle I don't want to endure.

OH while I am thinking of it...prayers and positive thoughts, please. My cousin, Sarah, who just had a baby boy (jayden) in July, needs them. First off, she has been struggling with Post Partum Depression. To top it off, her boyfriend, the father to the baby, decided he no longer wanted to be a family and moved out. AT first, there was hope he would come back home, but it doesn't look like that will be happening. Please keep her and Jayden in your thoughts and prayers that she will find the strength and courage to do what she needs to do for the best interest of the baby and to keep herself well. I know she would appreciate it.

Tomorrow, after filing the DBA, I need to exchange Makenneh's tennis shoes. Remember the hassle I had finding some that fit? Well, we go to put them on her this morning and she says they don't feel good. now, I don't know if it's the hillbilly in her (and hey, flip flops or barefeet are divine), but apparently no shoe feels worthy of being worn in her opinion. So, I have her stand and wiggle her toes...she says she can't. I push around to feel for big toe..it's at the very end. Now, I know I did this very thing prior to purchasing these shoes. So, either shrinking dust was sprinkled on them or her feet grew at least a half size in a few weeks. I was so frustrated. So, I have to exchange them. Along with her denim skirt I already exchanged once. I know, it sounds as if i am an incompetent shopper. R eally, I am not. Well, perhaps, because I don't find it all that exciting. LOL. But, the size I originally bought I thought nothing of until I got it home and realized it was a size larger than what I had been buying her. Well, i exchanged it and got the size I thought she needed....only to come home and discover it was too tight. So, the sizing must be different because all her other clothes fit with room to spare. That'll teach me. I should have had her try it on before I returned the first one. Maybe I'll call Carrie and get her to go as well and we will stop for lunch and I can use my gift card for Ruby Tuesday while we are at the mall. That might make the inconvenience worth it ;)

---still have a few pictures to wait for....I guess I can continue rambling.

Matt and Sara are still on their honeymoon. They never planned anything particular, just tossed around several ideas. They like to procrastinate..even about fun things. Well, they ended up doing a road trip of the western and northern part of the state. They are coming home friday though because they got two tickets to the Michigan game and they will wrap their honeymoon up with that! How appropriate seems how they entered the hall to the Michigan fight song and the garter was a Michigan garter. Seems fitting!

The kittens are cute as ever. In fact, I have some pictures of them on the slideshow I am working on. Aunt Bev, I must tell you that Uncle Harold thinks that one particular kitty should be grandma's. He looks like Garfred...and he has such a sweet personality and the biggest, buggiest, blue eyes. He is a favorite around here. The other 3 kittens are fluffy...he is sleek and oh so soft. He took one look at the litter and said, "That one should be grandma's". ;)

And here it is, the slideshow! I am off to bed now....have to get to an alarm clock these days!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Aw, such cute pics Christina! :) Those kittens are adorable.

Sorry to hear about the shoes! Honestly, I belive a child's foot can grow that fast! ;) I have had them jump many sizes in a short amount of time. I do hope you can find something for her.

Ah summer. I loved the weather. I don't like when it's too hot. We were so busy, we didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked to. Next summer should be different for us. I hope! ;)

Good luck this semester! Jeremy sounds like a sweetie pie! :) He is right, you will do well this semester!