Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm sure you meant Crocheted Pins

Here are some pictures from our day at the orchard fall festival. The kids loved it and the weather was decent. We went this past Sunday.

a



This pic is from the other day. SEbastian has finally warmed up to Libby. He wants to hold her, play with her, talk to her. It's cute. Just before I got the camera out, he was laying there, patting her back, talking softly to her.
Really, I hope so. We took the kids to the orchard for the fall festival. Complete with carnival rides, craft booths, donuts and cider. As we wandered through the craft booths, the first one we come to is a lady who has done all kinds of small, simple craft projects. One is crocheted Cross pins. The sign says, "Crotched Pins - $2.00". I had to chuckle. I couldn't help myself. Simple typo, I am sure. I hope.

The kids had fun, rode lots of rides...several times each. Neither puked.

I am swamped with studying and homework. My biology class is going to sink the gpa. I Just know it. I took my first test today and it was online, so open book/notes. I still only managed 89%. I checked my overall % for the class and it was like 80%. I cried. Literally. Until I recalled the teacher explaining that if we have any open quizzes that haven't been submitted, it will produce a lower % until you complete it. SO, i went in and completed quiz and now it is up to 90%. Still not where I would like it to be. But this class just isn't clicking for me. Maybe it's a mental block bc science isn't my thing or maybe it is just that I have too much going on right now. Either way, I am in the class, need it for my graduation and so I must pluck along and try my best.

I really don't have much time to myself anymore. I have school and/or internship every day M-F. Weekends are busy playing catch up on homework, attending family functions that seem to be plentiful as usual. and of course, spending time with the kids. It has been a rough week, emotionally. I have had to face the reality of the situation and the sacrifices I am indirectly asking of my family. Makenneh repeatedly tells me she wished I didn't have school. I explained to her that I know this time is difficult and we all have to make sacrifices but when it's over with, we will be able to have our own place, and she will have her own room. That always helps to cheer her up. Lord knows it's what keeps me going. Just knowing that greener pastures lie ahead. I keep trucking along. one tired step after another.

Well got lots of chapters to read and a test in social psychology on thurs. Gotta get going....take care, have a great week and keep warm...seems the fall weather has arrived!

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh Christina! 90% sink your GPA? That is a really good grade! Some teachers just don't grade very high. Some make the class hard on purpose, they don't want any 100% grades in their class. You are doing wonderful! :)

The orchard fall festival looks like fun. :)

I love the fall weather. Can't wait to see the leaves change. :)

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Praying for you Christina! You are doing awesome! I am so proud of what you are doing for your family! Can't wait until you are celebrating and having a house warming party! Big Hugs-I have faith in you!

Julie Q said...

I sent you an email, did you get it? :)