Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Which way do I go?

The past week has left me feeling discombobulated. I so wish I could go back and attend that first day of class...it has thrown me off. I have caught up for the most part, but still have this niggling feeling that I am somehow missing something. Just don't know what "it" is. It does help that in two of my classes I have a classmate who has been in previous classes with me. So, we often discuss what is due, what's supposed to be happening and that has helped me feel up to speed.

My internship is tentatively set to start on Monday. Still have a few details to iron out, but I will be going back to the senior center where I did my student volunteer hours in the winter semester. I will have to learn new things and be given more opportunities in order for my instructor to allow the placement. That shouldn't be a problem. Ruben is excited to have me back and I look forward to going back.

Tony, one of my brother's long time friends, lost his dad yesterday. He is the middle child of 3. The oldest is around 30-32 yrs old. I just can't imagine having to plan a funeral for a parent at this age. My heart goes out to them. Tony was able to be with his dad in his final moments and he was the one who made the decision to have his dad taken off the life support. He knew that was what his dad would have wanted. His dad had been battling diabetes and was on dialysis. Plus he had heart trouble. Please keep the kids in your thoughts and prayers.

On a much lighter note, my aunt told me the funniest story about Makenneh last night. She had been to their house and she had offered my uncle Kevin something she was eating (they can't recall what it was). He said, "No thank you hon, Uncle Kevin doesn't have any teeth, so he can't eat that." She got the most sincere look on her face and said, "Ooooh, Uncle Kevin, tonight I will pray that God gives you teeth." We laughed sooo hard when my aunt told us this at bunco. At the same time, my heart just melted because what a sweet, thoughtful thing to say. She made his day and he still gets a chuckle when he talks about it.

On the business front: Mom has been researching wholesalers for flowers and other things we will need. We are also attending a "starting a business" seminar offered by the small business association. That's next friday. It just seems there is so much to do and my plate is already so full. I look around this computer room and see nothing but absolute clutter and mess. IT has to be cleaned and organized so that we can function in here. However, I haven't the time, when I have the moments to spare, I haven't the gumption. I know we will get there...it just may take a bit. I am also counting on having a better system down in a few weeks, once I acclimate to the full class load + internship + kids + homework + kids' schooling + household chores/activities.

Liberty is eating rice cereal now. She loves it. I haven't seen her in several days. It seems like forever because I am used to seeing her almost every day. Jeremy is over there right now, helping Ralph. They are putting on an addition. The addition will include a family room and a half-bath. I am not sure if it will be anything else. But, that will make such a big difference. There living room now is absolutely too small, as is their kitchen/dining area. This will allow them to use the current living room as dining area and then have a nice, large living room. Not to mention, a 2nd toilet is always a good thing.

We are taking the kids over to Carrie's one day soon for pictures. We will include Kaden and even do a picture of all the grandkids. I can't wait. I hope they turn out nice. Of course they will....:)

Well, I have some homework to look at and things I want to do. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

Don't you hate that off feeling? I hope it goes away as you settle into your classes.

I'm glad Jeremy is keeping busy. :) Have you heard anything on him getting his license?