Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Friday!!!

Today is Makenneh's picture day at school. Hopefully she smiles this time. Last year's picture looked quite like a mug shot. I don't have it on here and my printer with the nice scanner, well, it's not working, so I have no way to share. She picked out her outfit, and I surprised. I told her that I would pick it out because it needed to be a solid shirt without print. She asked what that meant and I explained it. Then she said, 'oh like the one I wore yesterday, right, mom?' Right indeed. So, as I was mulling over options in my head this morning (because I forgot to do the whole pick out clothes thing last night), she said, oh, like my purple shirt that I wear with my long shorts. Yes, exactly! She said she wanted to wear that shirt, and well, it was a solid shirt and hey, it beats racking my brain to figure out what to have her wear. I just ordered a small package because we are doing pictures at my sister's soon. And those will be far cuter than the "mug-shot" style the school takes.

The lady from school is coming out today for Sebastian's paperwork and such. He should be starting school soon. The state has to have the budget balanced by Oct. 1st and they will know more at that time. I am just glad he was accepted and that he gets to go. With this program, busing is provided, so I don't have to worry about transportation issues with me in school and doing my internship.

After that meeting, my mom, sister and I are going to the mall to have our rings cleaned and inspected to keep up the warranty. Then Carrie and I both have a return to make, and after that we will go to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Sebastian and Libby will be with us. I am looking forward to a day out.

I got the go ahead from my teacher....i can do my internship at the senior center. He also gave me two other choices, just to be fair and give me options, but I am going to stick with the senior center. I did have a second thought though when one of the options listed was a hospice. I am leaning towards working through a hospice at some point, when I done with school. I love the programs, love that it gives an alternative for terminally ill patients and they are so supportive and helpful at the end of one's life. But, for now, I will stick with the senior center. The hours are quite flexible, the environment friendly and laid back and I have some extra opportunities there.

Well, I am off here to finish preparing for the meeting. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

I hope pictures went well. :) I am loving the ones I had taken at Walmart this year! I wish there had been one good one of Z by himself, I could have used a few wallet size of the boy alone. I did not buy them from school, they never look good from there any more.

You are so busy! But it's good to see the updates! :)