Saturday, June 09, 2007

Boredom

Well, today went well, when you boil down. LOL. The kids really were good. Makenneh played for hours in her bedroom. Sebastian entertained himself well and even took a nap. Something he never does M-F. Hmmm. I asked Jeremy why they can't be that good on weekdays. LOL. I spent my day sleeping, for the most part. Trying to catch up on all that i missed through the week, i suppose. Plus, just kinda depressed and feeling yucky.

It was beautiful outside today, but the kids had no interest in going outside. I don't know why. Maybe we all have the blahs, i guess. 2 of my cousins, Steph and Kenny, are coming over tonight to stay the night. Sarah, one of my other cousins, is dropping them off and she said she would run me to the store. This is sooo a hassle without a car. And it wouldn't be so bad, but all my family lives in other, neighboring towns. I hate to bother them to have them run to the store. And im not used to having to think real far ahead, bc well, i have had my car and the store is not far away. So, if i forgot something, no big deal. Now it is a big deal. IT often means just going without. I will probably have to start walking to the store. I am just a tad leery doing that, bc this isnt the greatest neighborhood at all. a mile in the other direction and it's downright scary.

So, i have a funny story to tell. makenneh came up to me the other day and was holding her hair (kinda making pigtails, if you will). She said, mom, feel this side and this side. So i do. She said, this side is soft. This side is nappy. I almost lost it. It was so hilarious. Nappy seems to be her new word when referring to her hair. of course, i think she has to two confused...bc my idea of soft and her idea of soft are two different things. She will grab a bit of her hair and swear it is soft, when in fact, it is, well, quite nappy. LOL. she hate the hair brush. it's a fight to get it brushed most times. So, nappy it is.

Next weekend will be a fun one! Saturday night is my sister's bachelorette party! I can't wait. I don't do it often (although, lately,it seems to be otherwise...but really, it's not, folks), but sometimes I love to get drunk. I let 'er rip! When i say drunk, though, i don't mean, all out obnoxious, throwing up, rediculous. My idea of drunk is drinking to the point where you feel good and are just having a good time. I don't like to drink to oblivion. Never have. I like to feel at least somewhat in control. Have enough alcohol to be relaxed and not so much that im puking in the morning. I hate hang overs. LOL. But, mostly, i am looking forward to an all girls' night out.

Oh and guess what?! I found the pattern for the top I want. I had bought it, tucked it in a tote, and forgotten where i put it. My Aunt Bev had offered to make me a couple of them and asked that i bring the pattern to one of several family functions...i coulnd't find it and couldn't for the life of me remember what had happened to it. But, in rearranging the furniture, guess what? I found it. That's just one good reason to keep the furniture moved around...lol. Find things you never would have otherwise. hahaha. So, I will probably drop the pattern and the material in the mail (they live "up north") for her to work on when she has a chance. She is also making my sister's wedding dress. The only pattern is the sketch my sister drew up. Then, they took measurements of my sister and voila! She brought down a "prototype" made out of scrap material, and it was just beautiful. She is doing a great job.

Jeremy isn't liking the way the furniture is arranged bc the kids keep getting in the way of the tv. Ugh. It is impossible to avoid. They are 4 and 2 and this is a small place. YOu have to walk through the living room to get anywhere. I don't know what to tell him. HE seems to think it wasn't as bad before, but he just didn't recall, bc he hasn't had his xbox for a month and has it now. So, he has forgotten.

Anyway, i have sebastian whining at my feet...so i need to tend him. I will post more later, maybe.

1 comment:

Julie Q said...

He he, the kids keep getting in the way of the video game! ;) I'm sorry, I find that funny! :)

I have (sort of) the blahs today! I enjoyed being outside so much yesterday and today, I just want to relax. Of course Charlie waking me up to let him out at 7 am didn't help.

Hanna always hated her hair brushed. I used to us a spray on conditioner with her. It did help. That is cute she thought to use the word nappy. She sounds very bright Christina. :)