Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Morning ETA: BOOKS!

Makenneh is doing very well getting up in the morning. I was a little skeptical at first, because this girl has loved to sleep in since she got the hang of actually sleeping. It took her a couple years to decide to sleep through the night, but once she got it...well, even before she got it, mornings weren't her thing. She got that from me, I'm quite sure. So, when I found out she would have morning kindy, I cringed for myself, because, well, I don't do mornings. I also feared the battle I would have getting her up that early. But, I figured, she has to get it down sometime, because first grade gives no option. To my surprise, she jumps right up out of bed when I wake her. No grumbles, no fuss. I have minimal problems getting her ready in the morning. The main thing is, she is a dawdler. Takes her sweet time, assuming time will stop for her. But it's not too bad. She loves going to school and riding the bus, so I just to mention that she doesn't want to miss the bus and she steps it up.

Last night her school had a back to school open house. We were able to meet her teacher, get info on girl scouts, a savings account program through a local credit union and of course, the endless sign up sheets for volunteering. We signed her up for girl scouts...well didn't officially sign up but filled out the form to be contacted about it. Makenneh also wants to do the savings account thing they offer. I think it's quite neat. Every wednesday, a rep from the credit union comes in and collects the kids' deposits, shows them how the savings account works and all that good stuff. I think that is a great learning tool. Makenneh loves money..she loves to hoard it. She picks up change, saves any money we give her and stashes it in one of her purses. I have to go over the paperwork on it and see what it all about and make a decision about the savings plan. I feel bad bc my sister works at a bank and if i opened an account there, she would get credit but having this through the school is so much easier and it gives Makenneh a hands on approach to saving money. I also signed up to volunteer for several different things. They will send info home closer to each event and I can decide then if I am able to do it. It will all depend on what days these things fall and what my school schedule is, my vehicle situation, etc. But, I will try to do what I can.

My sister went to the doctor yesterday morning. When she initially called for the appointment, they set it for next week. My mom told her to call back and explain the cramping and discharge, so she did. They told her to come in the very next morning. He did her blood work and sent it off and called the OB to talk to him, let him know the lab work has been done and that he would be receiving it in his office. Then, her doctor (who is also our doctor and I love him), ordered an ultrasound that will be in two weeks. I thought it was great that he did that, rather than make her wait until she got into the OB and have him order it. So, in two weeks she will be able to put her mind completely at ease. THe doc explained that it very well could be normal. On the flip side, it could mean something like a tubal pregnancy. We are hoping and praying that that isn't the case and everything is fine. The doc asked her if she was excited and she said she doesn't want to be too excited yet, until she knows everything is fine. He did do a pelvic exam and said that everything feels right, so we hope that is a good sign. Keep her and the baby in your thoughts and prayers. Her due date is April 30th. Our grandma's bday was May 3rd...i told Carrie it would be cool if she had the baby on that day.

I don't know if i had mentioned, but we had Makenneh's school clothes out on Sunday so she could show her grandma chris and I put all the bags back in my room, or so i thought. Monday, i was uanble to find one of hte bags that has a few pair of her pants in it. I am stressed because I still haven't found it. Every day, I dig through here trying to find it. The only thing I can think of it was left in the living room and got mixed in with the stuff my parents had stacked up to take camping with them. I am hoping that is the case and I will have them back this weekend. Otherwise, the girl is gonna be short of school clothes. Luckily, she has enough clothes to get her through the first week. I don't know what else could have happened to them. so frustrating.

Well, Sebastian is ready for breakfast, so I am off here...have a good day

ETA: I am soooo excited, my books came today. I ordered them on Friday night and here they are. I am ready for school now! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Glad that things are going well with everything and that Makennah is loving school. Also glad that you got your books. That is so nice of the doctor to do that for Carrie. They tried to do that for me when I was pregnant with the twins but they did the ultrasound too early and didn't see anything-another reason I was very surprised later to have two little ones in there! Tell Carrie that I am praying for her and hope that all is well!

Julie Q said...

Woo hoo for the books coming! :) We went and picked up Hanna's yesterday. $500! So glad she got that Walmart scholarship! :)

Glad K is going so well for Makennah!

Leigh Ann said...

Glad to hear Makennah is doing so well with school and the morning routine! How's Sebastian doing without his big sister while she's gone?

Let us know what they find out about Carrie. I hope/pray everything's normal!