Wednesday, August 20, 2008

la de da

Nothing of particular interest to say tonight. Just thought I would make a quick post before heading off to bed.

My parents leave Sunday to go up north camping. They will be gone all week. I am rather looking forward to some time with just the 4 of us. We are on the summer vacation wind down because Makenneh starts school on Monday. Yep, as of Monday, she will be a kindergartner (have no idea if i spelled that right). I can't believe it. WE got the letter from her teacher today and the only school supplies she needs is a backpack with her name in it. We can donate a box of tissue, hand sanitizer wipes or storage baggies if we wish, but everything else is provided, even a free breakfast. That means no snacks are even needed. I can't believe it. I expected to get a list from here to kingdom come. I remember one year my little cousin Joey got his list of supplies....it included dry erase markers and all kinds of other supplies. It was ridiculous. It was obvious that his teacher was basically asking the students to provide all of her supplies for the year. Which wouldn't be so bad, but it should be on a donation basis, not included in the list of necessity school supplies the parents are "obligated" to buy. So, anyway, I was happy to have such a short list.

Sebastian still refuses to potty train. I even tried the pull ups, out of desperation. Nope..he still pees and poos in them all the same. He is even content to sit in a dirty diaper. He will not want his diaper changed. The boy is strange.

Well, I guess, now that I have discussed pee and poo, can't be much left to talk about right? Hope everyone has a great night.

1 comment:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

Wow-what a short list. You should of seen the list I got for each of the kids which does include the dry erase markers, sharpies, good job stickers, and even a thumb drive for Adrianna! Needless to say we spent a fortune on all of these and now they are going to different schools so hopefully the list doesn't change and I have to buy other stuff!