Friday, August 29, 2008

Is this day over yet?

Wow, it has been one of those strange days. Not really bad. Just blah. Jeremy didn't have to work today..and we just lazed around all darn day. I did start laundry shortly after opening my eyes this morning (which I woke up at 7am....when Makenneh didn't have school today). I have also done the dishes more times than I care to count today (Frankly, once is plenty, but where do all these dishes come from? I think I will not cook dinner anymore, lol). I had a roast started by noon and a pot of green beans from the garden started shortly thereafter. We have all these beans and well, they need to be eaten or blanched and frozen (which I have done that as well). And my sister brought tomatoes over last weekend to can, but decided not to bother, bc there wasn't a lot and it was very hot. But, she left them so we have them on top of the ones we have picked from our own garden. Best part? I don't do tomatoes. I like them in chilis and casseroles and such but I do not like uncooked, plain tomatoes. Neither does Jeremy. The kids aren't overly excited about them either. So, here they sit. I did send some over to the neighbors. Of course, dad had mentioned prior to leaving that if i felt ambitious, i could can them. hah. I haven't felt the surge, sorry. I have never had anything to do with canning and it seems a bit intimadating to try it on my own for the first time...even my sister consults mom's help with the canning and she is all into that stuff.

So, back to my lazy, blah day. Jeremy has been sleeping since around 5something and it is now almost 9pm. I have not bothered with dressing...just put on my peasanty type skirt and a tank top and called it good. I could easily go to bed right now and not feel bad. OF course, the kids are still up and that is what I have to do once I am done here. Makenneh fights bedtime so bad because she has a friend next door, Cassie, and they play all day, every waking moment and why should she part with Cassie to do something so trivial and boring as sleep? There are bugs to catch and insects to ponder over and caterpillars to watch cacoon and games to play and barbies to dress and pages to color. No time for sleep. Barely time for eat. So, every night we have to listen to her whine and cry about how she wants to play with Cassie and it's not even fair and she doesn't want to go bed and can Cassie read to me and it's not even dark outside and and and. I am so glad that she has such a good friend but my, I am over hearing about Cassie this and Cassie that. ANd don't dare argue with Cassie's wisdom. If Cassie says it is so, why then, it must be so. I am sure that as the school year progresses, she will find friends in her classroom and maybe this Cassie fascination will slow down. But, for the summer, Cassie is all she had and they have so much in common, despite Cassie being 11 yrs old. They love to catch the bugs and then Cassie looks them up online and tells Makenneh what they are, what they eat, where they live, etc. Cassie loves to learn and she is digs to find the knowledge and that is an admirable trait...one I don't mind rubbing off on Makenneh (not that Makenneh lacks there, anyway, she loves to learn the stuff as well).

Anyway, I have babbled enough. I am bored out of my mind and it is time to put the children to bed...and maybe collapse there myself. Have a good night everyone

No comments: