Saturday, August 30, 2008

What are "they" trying to tell me?

So, Jeremy goes to the mailbox this afternoon and comes in with the mail. As he lays it on the table he says (jokingly of course), "See, I told you you were getting old." What???? What are you talking about?

I received an AARP membership application/card today. Yes, I did. I am not quite sure whether to be humored by this, or mortified. Mostly, I suppose, I'm humored by it. Membership fees are 12.50/yr for you and your spouse. I told him I am half-tempted to pay it, just for shits and giggles. And I have to appreciate the last line in their little letter: "You'll also appreciate AARP's trustworthy information and resources. It can help you protect your health, your money and your career, and make the most of life over 50."

Well, then. So this is life over 50? I was certainly hoping for something a little better. Say, having my own place, children mostly grown, ya know....those kinds of things. But, hey. AARP has me in the over 50 club already. Hahahaha. I can't help but think how my mom would be sooo mortified by the thought. LOL. OF course, this comes today when I do feel 50 and was already reminded of my aging.
My cousin and her husband came over last night and we got to playing Euchre. Well, they ended up staying here until 630am. Yes! I had been up for 23.5 hours at that point. Wow! I have had bits and pieces of broken sleep, totalling about 2 hours. I tried taking a nap but it just wasn't working..i couldn't sleep. I am feeling it though. I am just too darned old for those tricks. My cousin and her hubby don't have kids yet, so they don't understand the true value of sleep. Someday, someday. We had a good time and time really just flew by, as we played game after game, paying little to no mind to the time.

I called my mom earlier and they are on their way home..should be here any time now, actually. I hustled around picking up because, while the house wasn't trashed or anything, my mom is anal about not coming home from a trip to a messy house. So, i made sure the dishes were done, things picked up, the floors vaccuumed, etc. And even lit some candles to make it smell nice and pretty!

Well, I am going to head back outside and spend time with the family...that's what we were doing earlier. It's beautiful outside. And i may just have to fill out my membership application...lol.

2 comments:

Nelson Family of 7 said...

That is too funny Christina! Save it and in 22 years fill it out-maybe that far up the road the prices will be higher to join and with that paper you might be able to get the membership cheaper-lol! Anyway, glad that you have had some relaxing days!

Julie Q said...

That is funny! :) I like your friend's suggestion of saving it until you are old enough. :)

I hope the school year goes well for you and Makenneh.